Acer aspire 5 a515-51G_5621 which ssd slot i have

Options
Ayaan
Ayaan Member Posts: 5 New User
Hi i have acer aspire 5 a515-51G-5621 i want to upgrade my ssd but i am very confused about that which ssd is supported in my laptop and my laptop support m. 2 nvme ssd or not? Help me
Thanks in advance. 

Best Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,482 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You have a single M-key m.2 socket which means you should be able to install either an NVME card or a SATA3 card up to 2TB. The NVME card may be about twice as fast as a SATA3 card in your particular laptop

Jack E/NJ

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You have PCIe v3 bus with a single M-key m.2 socket. Both an  m.2 NVME card or an m.2 SATA3 card should physically fit and work fine in your machine.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Ayaan,

You can upgrade the memory with a maximum of 16GB DDR4 2400/2133MHz module, you already have 4GB onboard memory and a slot for upgrade, as for the SSD, you can install a M. 2 NVMe SSD up to recommended maximum size of 256GB but few users have installed 512GB and 1TB as well in this model.
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You have a single M-key m.2 socket which means you should be able to install either an NVME card or a SATA3 card up to 2TB. The NVME card may be about twice as fast as a SATA3 card in your particular laptop

Jack E/NJ

• Ayaan
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Ayaan,

You can upgrade the memory with a maximum of 16GB DDR4 2400/2133MHz module, you already have 4GB onboard memory and a slot for upgrade, as for the SSD, you can install a M. 2 NVMe SSD up to recommended maximum size of 256GB but few users have installed 512GB and 1TB as well in this model.
    Thank you very much 
  • Ayaan
    Options
    JackE said:
    Thank you very much 
  • JackE
    Options
    Good luck if you decide to add an m.2 SSD. I like the Western Digital Blue series of SSDs.

Jack E/NJ

• Ayaan
    Options
    JackE said:
    Good luck if you decide to add an m.2 SSD. I like the Western Digital Blue series of SSDs.
    everyone says my ssd slot look like m. 2 nvme but when i check thorough 3rd party software then my specifications shows that in my laptop interface is Sata so i want to know that when i insert m. 2 nvme ssd so it's support or not?. 
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    You have PCIe v3 bus with a single M-key m.2 socket. Both an  m.2 NVME card or an m.2 SATA3 card should physically fit and work fine in your machine.

Jack E/NJ

• Ayaan
    Options
    JackE said:
    Thankyou very much buddy its help me alot ..
  • mus
    mus Member Posts: 3 New User
    Options
    Ayaan said:
    JackE said:
    Thankyou very much buddy its help me alot ..
    Hey Ayaan
    I have same model and i want to know whether it support nvme..So you purchased nvme? Does nvme work in this model? How much speed you getting?