ilyasg96 Member Posts: 1 New User
  • ankkol2011
    ankkol2011 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon

Guys having the same exact issue as @GiantOctopus

Any update???

laptop :- Helios 300 PH315-72sr

• ankkol2011
    ankkol2011 Member Posts: 28 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
  • Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • ogmorales
    ogmorales Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited October 2023

A bit of my background. I'm a cybersecurity analyst, 10 years of experience in on-prem, cloud, network…

I'm having the same issue on a Predator laptop. Today October 18th 2023, I contacted support and according to the Live Assistant, there are no Webcam Drivers, the ones they use are the ones found in Windows, so, if Windows is not detecting your webcam is a hardware issue and you have to send your unit. They will give you a label to sent your machine, and it will take about 2 weeks before you receive your unit back home.

I've asked if I can be provided the drivers of a working unit zipped so I could test and then share with the forum, but this as I mentioned simply isn't an option.

One could try to reset windows, or even wipe format, but is it worth the time? I'm just going to use my smartphone as a webcam and send the unit for repair and general check 1 month before expiring warranty.

[Edited the content to hide sensitive information]