My laptop is Aspire S40-51 ,i can't get win11

leonlu
leonlu Member Posts: 2 New User
edited October 2021 in Windows 11
the warning is  no TPM2.0 ,is there a new bios   update or software  provide?

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Turn laptop off. Turn it back on again and immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS menu. Go to BIOS Main tab and press Ctrl+S. Do you see TPM option disabled? If there is an Advanced tab, do the same Ctrl+S. Do you see TPM option disabled?

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Sorry no. TPM is a hardware module on the mainboard, not firmware or software. Many mainboards do not have a TPM module installed. This is a list of ACER models that have been tested for Win11 compatibility so far.

Jack E/NJ

• leonlu
    leonlu Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Sorry no. TPM is a hardware module on the mainboard, not firmware or software. Many mainboards do not have a TPM module installed. This is a list of ACER models that have been tested for Win11 compatibility so far.
    ths, but in the list  :'(
  • JackE
    Answer ✓
    Turn laptop off. Turn it back on again and immediately press F2 to enter the BIOS menu. Go to BIOS Main tab and press Ctrl+S. Do you see TPM option disabled? If there is an Advanced tab, do the same Ctrl+S. Do you see TPM option disabled?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, you have a 10th gen processor so there should be TPM, unless yours is a Chinese model.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • dbuyandelger
    dbuyandelger Member Posts: 1 New User
    Why is it a problem if it is a Chinese model? Isn't it still the same model?
  • billsey
    China doesn't allow TPM modules since they would make it difficult for them to get into the systems. They have a different technology for encryption that the government supports instead of TPM.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • JackE
    >>>They have a different technology for encryption that the government supports instead of TPM. >>>

Might also mean their technology is better?

Jack E/NJ

• billsey
    It might... I think it's more a question of control though.