I have laptop Acer swift 1 sf 114_32-c-097,I want to upgrade ssd which ssd I can use

Options
Imrananfal
Imrananfal Member Posts: 5 New User
Acer swift 1 sf 114_32 c-097 

NX.GXHEM.004 I want to upgrade ssd Whis ssd I can use

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
  • Imrananfal
    Options
    Plz tell me how to install, because previously I used Samsung nvme 980 but my laptop didn't detect the ssd
  • Imrananfal
    Options
    I have Acer swift 1 sf 114-32-c-097 which ssd I can use and how to install before I buy m.2 ssd nvme but it not detect in my laptop
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,956 Trailblazer
    Options
    Your SF114-32 should support an NVME x4 drive, such as a Samsung 980. What did you see when it was installed? It likely wouldn't come up in Windows but would show in Disk Management. Remember you will want to clone your existing drive to the new one, then switch to booting from the new drive to test everything out before wiping the old one clean.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Imrananfal
    Options
    I used Samsung 980 but it didn't show in disk management. 
    I don't know the reason, plz guide me 
  • billsey
    Options
    Did you have it fully seated in the M.2 slot? It's possible the drive was bad, but that's unusual.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Imrananfal
    Options
    Sir Now I want to buy this ssd  ,can this ssd works in my laptop
  • billsey
    edited October 2021
    Options
    That one is slower, but should also work.