Acer Swift Laptop Halo around screen edge

Options
vukotichm
vukotichm Member Posts: 2 New User
I also have the same problem as other have posted. Definitely a hardware issue. The last thing I did prior to the issue was leaving was disabling sleep mode due to a download. The issue is still visible in the BIOS as well. I've tried all options to rectify (pin in the hole etc). Interestingly, the fan doesn't seem to work at the moment and the issue comes and goes. Right now, as I type, the issue is barely noticeable but if I open the start menu it is very noticeable. My product is registered and I've tried to follow the options to getting my laptop repaired but the Acer website keeps stating that my S/N SNID isn't valid. How do I get this laptop replaced? It's only 5 months old. Not good Acer.

Answers

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    @vukotichm
    Could you please tell me full modern name of device 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    I answered your other thread with more questions... We really need to know what laptop you have. If the issue is there both when Windows is running and when in the BIOS screen it almost has to be hardware. Have you reached out to Acer support yet? At 5 months you should be well within the warranty period.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Natsfaydherbe96
    Natsfaydherbe96 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    The same has just happened to me now.

How did you go about getting it sorted?