what motherboard does the acer aspire xc-885 have?

Options
VealSeal
VealSeal Member Posts: 1 New User
edited December 2022 in Aspire and Veriton Desktops
I recently bought the acer aspire xc-885 and i am planning to upgrade but i dont know what motherboard it comes with can anyone tell me?

Answers

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Options
    @VealSeal

Usually Acer's motherboard model number is same as the PC's model number. For example, TC-885 PCs use  Acer TC-885 motherboard, with Intel's B360 chipset. Since Acer uses custom motherboards, it is not easy to find new Acer motherboards outside.
    To get motherboard info, in Win 10 Task Bar search field, type: "System Information" and you can see it. Most common upgrades may be memory, SSD and graphics card.

1) Memory: I always suggest adding memory module the same spec of the original memory shipped, sticker on the memory will provide that

2) Storage: Your PC can use PCIe 3.0 x4 M.2 NVMe SSD (read speed up to 3,400 MB/s), get one with the capacity you want. I believe XC-885 comes with a NVMe SSD already. If you want regular 2.5" HDD/SSD, there should be a couple unused SATA ports on motherboard.

3) Graphics card: This is most confusing. XC-885 use Mini-ITX/Flex ATX 300W PSU, cannot support the very powerful graphics cards nowadays, but still support up to GTX 1050-ti. Also need to give up to x1 slot next to the x16 graphics slot. People need to upgrade more than 500W PSU for more powerful graphics cards.
  • StevenGen
    Options
    VealSeal said:
    I recently bought the acer aspire xc-885 and i am planning to upgrade but i dont know what motherboard it comes with can anyone tell me?

What are the exsact specs of your Aspire XC-885? As the mobo of the XC-885 has a chipset of the Intel® B360 and this B360 chipset can accomodate the Intel LGA1151 socket 8th Gen and also the 9th Gen type CPU's like the mobo of the N50-600 (make sure and check if this mobo can work with the 9th Gen CPU's as Acer does not recommend the 9th Gen) this is the OEM mobo of the Aspire XC-885 "M/B 1151.B36H4-AD(1.1)...(INTEL B360/ALC662). HD 6CH.GIGA LAN..W/SATA3/USB3.0/WHLK..... HDMI/VGA...(OSP)..FOR ACER(SYS). DB.BAP11.001...BEE...LEAD-FREE - Acer part #: DB.BAP11.001" with the top model having the 8th Gen Intel CPU of the model "CPU Intel Core i7 8700 LGA 3.2G 12M 2666 1151 65W Coffee Lake-S 3.2G - Acer part #: KC.87A01.CI7". The top spec Aspire XC-885 also came with the .RADEON R7 430 GPU. 

Aspire XC-885 Motherboard with the Intel LGA1151 socket CPU and the IntelB360 chipset

• lubu
    lubu Member Posts: 29 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    Options
    StevenGen said:
    VealSeal said:

What are the exsact specs of your Aspire XC-885? As the mobo of the XC-885 has a chipset of the Intel® B360 and this B360 chipset can accomodate the Intel LGA1151 socket 8th Gen and also the 9th Gen type CPU's like the mobo of the N50-600 (make sure and check if this mobo can work with the 9th Gen CPU's as Acer does not recommend the 9th Gen) this is the OEM mobo of the Aspire XC-885 "M/B 1151.B36H4-AD(1.1)...(INTEL B360/ALC662). HD 6CH.GIGA LAN..W/SATA3/USB3.0/WHLK..... HDMI/VGA...(OSP)..FOR ACER(SYS). DB.BAP11.001...BEE...LEAD-FREE - Acer part #: DB.BAP11.001" with the top model having the 8th Gen Intel CPU of the model "CPU Intel Core i7 8700 LGA 3.2G 12M 2666 1151 65W Coffee Lake-S 3.2G - Acer part #: KC.87A01.CI7". The top spec Aspire XC-885 also came with the .RADEON R7 430 GPU. 

Aspire XC-885 Motherboard with the Intel LGA1151 socket CPU and the IntelB360 chipset

Hi

Seems only XC-886 can upgrade to 9 gen CPU
    it is "DB.BDC.11001"
    it is using Intel® B365 chipset

For 885, max CPU is 8700

• Simonics
    Simonics Member Posts: 77 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    edited October 2021
    Options
    My Acer XC-885 has 9th Gen CPU i5-9400 bought Sept 2019.
    I upgraded RAM to 16GB.
    What is the draw on your PSU?
    My PSU is only 220W I think - +12v Rail is 15A Max, and really need at least 18A or more I heard for Graphics card
    so newegg.com/tools/power-supply-calculator
    If graphics card, need new psu = hard to fit in mine - tried bequiet brand, but needed to wreck case to fit it, so didn't.
    Graphics cards are not great in low profile small size. Not as powerful as equivalent big ones.

• VealSeal_
    VealSeal_ Member Posts: 37 Troubleshooter
    Options
    @ttttt yo its me, im planning to do a ssd upgrade, im going to get a sn550 does it fit into my pc or no?
  • Simonics
    edited January 2022
    Options
    Hi - there is space in my xc-885 [9th Gen CPU i5-9400 bought Sept 2019] for both a standard SSD Drive, attached to the metal drives bracket, and an NVMe SSD slotted and screwed into the motherboard [screw not provided], below the metal drives bracket. If the sn550 is a standard NVMe size, then it should fit. Hope this helps. If, for some strange reason, it doesn't fit, or work, then you can always return it, I guess.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    The key points: M.2 2242/2280 form factors and the MB supports NVMe x4 3.0 or SATA. NVMe x4 is the best choice, since it's much faster than x2 or SATA.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • TheAndrian
    TheAndrian Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Just wanted to comment that I recently upgraded my XC-885. First thing I did was buy an XC-895 Chassis part number 60.BEWD3.001. This gets around the problem of upgrading the psu to a flex atx 1U with an Enhance enp-7660p from the Acer proprietary 220W psu.

The new chassis is identical apart from the psu fitting and you just swap the motherboard. Changed the cpu from a i5-8400 to i7-8700. Removed the 1tb seagate hdd after cloning it onto a Samsung 970 evo plus 1 tb nvme. Ram upgraded with 32gb (2x16gb) Crucial memory 2666Mhz. Got another few more years life out of the hardware.

If one doesn't want a larger psu or cpu upgrade, the ram and ssd upgrade transforms the xc-885 into a decent everyday use PC.

I just have to find a low profile gpu card for my setup.

• Awesome123
    Awesome123 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Options

I have a Aspire TC-885-ES17. It has a B36H4-AD motherboard.

does anyone know what no. 14 is? W_Charger Wireless charger header? I searched google and it seems like it might be a Qi wireless charger. But it is hard to tell because there isn't much info and that info isnt for the TC-885.

Also, what is eveeyone's upgrade to this model - TC-885 9th gen.

so far, I only upgraded to a SATA ssd drive and it took the OEM's windows key.

• billsey
    Options

Some models that used that motherboard had a Qi charger built into the top of the case and used that header to power it. The Aspire XC-885 models didn't have that option. You have most of the biggest upgrade, though you would have been better off to have gotten an M.2 NVMe SSD instead of the SATA. Your motherboard supports x4 which is quite a bit faster than SATA. Next step is usually memory, especially if you are swapping to disk on occasion. Next after that is GPU if your usage suggests the need...

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Awesome123

Tinkerer

Options

I am looking to upgrade the case. Do you know what kind of case I can put this into? I am looking for a tower with some front ports. My research says that it is a DTX motherboard, but the cases I found are squareish / cube in shape. Can I put it into a ATX style case?

• billsey
    Options

The motherboard is a DTX form factor, which uses the same mounting holes as a micro ATX. The issue with putting it into a different case is usually the ports at the front of that "diving board". Only the Acer case matches up with them, so to use those ports in a different case will require some really creative cabling, if it's possible at all.

• Simonics
    Options

Hi JenniferJR22 - I don't understand the relevance of what you have written, to this thread?

• Simonics
    Options

Hi Awesome123,

I don't know in what way you want to upgrade your case. Like Billsey says above, getting a motherboard to fit the front ports is an issue, if motherboard is all one board. This means a similar Acer case.

A post above comments on cases for the XC885, but the same may be true of the TC-885. So upgrading the psu requires a different case for the XC885 - an identical one that allows a psu upgrade is the almost identical XC895 case, having a different area at the back.

Quote: '....I recently upgraded my XC-885. First thing I did was buy an XC-895 Chassis part number 60.BEWD3.001. This gets around the problem of upgrading the psu.'

So maybe the TC-885 has the same situation with the TC-895 case?

Cases may be available on ebay.

Just thought I'd mention it in case it helped.

• Awesome123

Tinkerer

Options

So if I were to get a new case that would fir the motherboard, why wouldn't I be able to plug in the cables into the USB, etc headers?

• Simonics
    Options

Hi Awesome 123 - So the board for mine - XC885 - is all in one mobo, so front and back ports on one continuous board from back ports all the way thru to the front ports, making the right fit important.

So my mobo will only fit into a near identical case, eg the XC895 that allows a different psu config at the back, for upgrading. It would be difficult in my case to get a bigger case. So for example my front ports have USB C, USB3, SD Card Reader, Mic, headphones.

Having 2 separate boards for mobo and front ports makes going to a bigger case much easier.

I don't know how the TC-885 motherboard is.

Hope it helps.

• Awesome123

Tinkerer

Options
  • Simonics
    Options

No worries - best to start a new thread to get more relevant info. It also helps to mention what kind of upgrades you plan to do, as that can influence the kind of case you need. Hope that helps.