Why amr800 Mouse Stopped Updating After Lenovo BIOS Update Acer AMR800

Options
coscking
coscking Member Posts: 3 New User
edited October 2021 in Acer Software
My new Acer AMR800 mouse stopped working after a BIOS update.  In my search for a driver on the Acer site I could not find that model driver.  It's only a couple months old.  How do I fix it?  I have a Lenovo Yoga 9i using Windows 10 (64).

Answers

• coscking
    Options
    Apparently Acer does  not support the newest model mouse devices.  When I enter my mouse SN it shows not found.  When I enter the model AMR800 it shows not found.  
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    There isn't a special driver for the mouse. It uses the same standard drivers as any other mouse. Are you sure the battery is good? Do you have the dongle plugged into a USB port on the Lenovo? If the BIOS update was pushed via Windows update it might have disabled some of the USB ports. Try resetting the BIOS to factory defaults and try again.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • coscking
    Options
    I found out this problem was not with the mouse DRIVER but the mouse itself.  Because it stopped working immediately after I installed the new BIOS I ASSUMED the driver was the culprit but when I moved the mouse to another computer I had the same issue.  We all have to make assumptions and then prove or disprove them.  I locked onto a driver problem and was wrong.  Thanks to those who answered.  I can fix this with a new mouse but still don't know why it failed, batteries new, mouse new.  A new mouse is an easy fix though.