How to remove the black plastic fan cover on graphic card of Acer Aspire T3-715?

Kuen
Kuen Member Posts: 190 Mr. Fixit WiFi Icon
The graphic card needs a clean-up.  The fan on this graphic card is covered by a black plastic cover.  How to remove this cover, please?

Thank you.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Kuen,

Can you able to see the screws on side of the cover. If you un-screw those you can 

PC Acer T3-715-648G1T00MGiT003_W10

If you un-screw those you can clean up the graphics card.
    Acer T3-715 1151 B150 DDR4 SATA3 USB30 DP
  • ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @Kuen

If you cannot find screws on the graphics card cover, then it must be using latches. Try use a very thin flat blade screw driver and only use very light force and make sure don't break it.

I'll suggest using a can of compressed air and  spray on the graphics card outdoor. Using the very thin tube that comes with the compressed air for the hard to reach area, so you will not risk breaking the cover.
  • StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 11,454 Trailblazer
    Kuen said:
    The graphic card needs a clean-up.  The fan on this graphic card is covered by a black plastic cover.  How to remove this cover, please?

Thank you.
    Use a "Compressed Dust Air Can" to blow all the dust and felt out of the GPU's fan and under that black plastic cover, then use cotton buds toindividually clean the fan blades, don't force and/or take that cover off as you might break it.
  • Kuen
    StevenGen said:
    Kuen said:

Thank you.
    Use a "Compressed Dust Air Can" to blow all the dust and felt out of the GPU's fan and under that black plastic cover, then use cotton buds toindividually clean the fan blades, don't force and/or take that cover off as you might break it.
    Thank you.

I used a lens blower, the largest one, to blow the dust out.  Not very good but acceptable, 75% of the dust is cleaned.
  • Kuen
    ttttt said:
    @Kuen

If you cannot find screws on the graphics card cover, then it must be using latches. Try use a very thin flat blade screw driver and only use very light force and make sure don't break it.

I'll suggest using a can of compressed air and  spray on the graphics card outdoor. Using the very thin tube that comes with the compressed air for the hard to reach area, so you will not risk breaking the cover.
    Thank you.

Have to remove the plastic black cover.  There is animal hair inside which cannot be blown out by compressed air can.

The only thing can be inserted is a piece of paper.  Nothing else or I don't have anything else to us.  Yes, I have very thin & small flat screw drivers, but there is nowhere for applying such a tool.

Any other suggestions, please?