Acer Aspire TC-1660 Tower - 2000 HDD - Black

Phil379
Phil379 Member Posts: 4 New User
Hi all.

Hopefully someone can help me out please.  Have just made an order to purchase the above computer, would like to know if in my current PC I have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 3GB graphics card, will it fit into the new computer?

Best Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Phil379,

Here is the specification,

Display & Graphics

Graphics Controller Manufacturer

NVIDIA®

Graphics Controller Model

GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER

Graphics Memory Capacity

Up to 6 GB

Graphics Memory Technology

GDDR6

Graphics Memory Accessibility

Dedicated

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 33,439 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Nope. You can install your existing GTX 1060 in the PCIe x16 slot or you can use the builtin GPU that comes with the Intel chipset. The TC-1660 does not come with an NVIDIA card already installed. In terms of performance, the GPU that's built in is pretty good, but you will want to look at benchmarks to determine if it's better than your 10 series NVIDIA.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Phil379,

Here is the specification,

Display & Graphics

Graphics Controller Manufacturer

NVIDIA®

Graphics Controller Model

GeForce® GTX 1660 SUPER

Graphics Memory Capacity

Up to 6 GB

Graphics Memory Technology

GDDR6

Graphics Memory Accessibility

Dedicated

• Phil379
    So from your reply, am assuming that the pre-installed graphics card is a better one?
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Nope. You can install your existing GTX 1060 in the PCIe x16 slot or you can use the builtin GPU that comes with the Intel chipset. The TC-1660 does not come with an NVIDIA card already installed. In terms of performance, the GPU that's built in is pretty good, but you will want to look at benchmarks to determine if it's better than your 10 series NVIDIA.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Phil379
    Thanks for the answers, have tried to install the NVIDIA Graphics card but there is no power lead to attach to get it to work!! Anyone got any ideas? Alternatively any suggestions on which power unit I should get, preferably with more leads especially for SATA as there is only one at the moment.
    Finally am looking to get extra RAM but again I do not know what to get, hopefully someone can help, anyone know whereabouts of the manuals for the computer and motherboard, as when I purchased this computer nothing came with it. Sorry one final question the keyboard is a bluetooth but is not connecting, the mouse does, any suggestions?
  • Phil379
    Thanks guys for all of your answers much appreciated however am now returning the pc because the keyboard does not work, cannot add my graphics card without buying extra power
    So back to the drawing board to buy a computer that is Windows 11 compatible!!
  • billsey
    Look at the GX series, they are very similar to the TCs but have a discrete GPU.