Why did my acer nitro 5 charger stop charging after a few months??

Dust034
Dust034 Member Posts: 4 New User
The charger even does beeping sounds when plugged in and now i cant even charge my laptop at all anymore, very annoying and its only been around 2 months since i got this new charger

Answers

• @Dust034

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.. 

Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to the power outlet and check.  
    Tried to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet  and check. 
    Try to use an alternative charger if possible ..

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Dust034
    @Dust034

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.. 

Try to bypass the surge protector and connect it directly to the power outlet and check.  
    Tried to use the charger in a different room on a different power outlet  and check. 
    Try to use an alternative charger if possible ..

If your laptop is in warranty you can contact the warranty dept.     Go to the website support.acer.com - chose your country.   On the new page - scroll down -  click on "contact support".  Scroll down.  You can find the phone no to contact the warranty dept. 

Yeah i was doing the charge in a different room method but then it stopped working…  and plugging it directly to walls foesnt seem to work. I really didnt want to have to contact for the warranty since i already did for the charger some time ago but if its what i have to do ill do it. Thanks anyway
  • Dust034 said:
    The charger even does beeping sounds when plugged in and now i cant even charge my laptop at all anymore, very annoying and its only been around 2 months since i got this new charger

Just as an addition, get Acer to check your laptop as its under warranty, as chargers have a safety switch so that and if your laptop has any charging problems it will switch off and the only way that the switch will let the charger function is if you unplug the charger and let it sit for 30sec until the switch reactivates. But and if your laptop has problems it will switch off again, so that is what is happening to your laptop.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Dust034,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.

Did you try to charge it with different charger. 
  • Dust034
    Easwar said:
    Dust034,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.

Did you try to charge it with different charger. 
    Not getting any light indication and have not tried charging with another charger because i dont have another one
  • Dust034
    StevenGen said:
    Dust034 said:

Just as an addition, get Acer to check your laptop as its under warranty, as chargers have a safety switch so that and if your laptop has any charging problems it will switch off and the only way that the switch will let the charger function is if you unplug the charger and let it sit for 30sec until the switch reactivates. But and if your laptop has problems it will switch off again, so that is what is happening to your laptop.
    Ill see if i can do that thank you. Although i dont think it has to do with the safety switch since it does the sound BEFORE even getting connected to the laptop itself 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Dust034,

It looks like hardware issue. Contact acer tech support,

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/CA/content/service-contact

OR book the unit for repair service,

https://customerselfcare.acer.com/CS2/#/