ACER VG270 blinks only when starting games

Options
Dradez
Dradez Member Posts: 1 New User
hello all,

I have a weird issue with my acer vg270 that I successfully solved once, but since I resinstalled Windows after a motherboard change, the issue is back. Let me explain:

My monitor works perfectly fine but when I start a game, the screen starts to blink on and off, as if the screen was turned off (no LED on to indicate the screen is on). Sometimes it settles after a while, and sometimes, the issue will go on. Once I quit the game, everything is back to normal. I then need to reboot my PC and usually, the problem is gone and everything works well.

I already had this problem 1.5 year ago when I bought the monitor and I solved it back then, but I can't remember how I did it! My GPU drivers are updated, same as BIOS and other motherboard drivers.
My screen is connected via a HDMI cable, that I remember had changed at that time and it didn't solve the issue. I also tried to turn off the Freesync, no improvment.

My specs, even though I highly doubt it is hardware related :
MSI B450 A PRO MAX
Ryzen 2700X
16go RAM
Sapphire Radeon 590
PSU 700W

I'm really upset at my bad memory, maybe someone here will have the solution?
thanks all!

Answers

• Owlbear
    Owlbear Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    I have the same problem, except it's when I watch Youtube or edit images. Did you found a solution?
  • mEH
    mEH Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options
    I have this same problem plus , the screen flashes druing gameplay too, ruining plenty of easy to win matches. The screen flashing during launching the game seems so much better compared to this :anguished: