Acer Aspire TimelineX 4830TG CMOS Battery

iCela
iCela Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have an Aspire 4830TG and it's starting to show sysmptoms of the CMOS battery dying.
i tried to open my laptop and found that the CMOS battery is soldered in to the mother board. 
How can i  fix this? should i remove it and solder a new one??
and what is the model of CMOS battery? i can't see any marking or name in the battery itself.. so i cant identify it

Thanks in Advance.

Answers

• This video can help you:
    Do not reverse the positive and negative poles!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    iCela,

No, Don't remove the one which soldered it will void the warranty. Where did you get the sysmptoms of CMOS battery dying.
  • iCela
    Easwar said:
    iCela,

No, Don't remove the one which soldered it will void the warranty. Where did you get the sysmptoms of CMOS battery dying.
    My Date And time doesn't continue/progress when it's shutdown/turned off..
    some of my drivers are not even functioning..(all drivers are updated, BIOS as well)

i asked Acer via Email and said that they don't support my laptop any longer and parts are no longer available since my laptop are from 2011. so, warranty isn't something i care about..
  • iCela
    This video can help you:
    Do not reverse the positive and negative poles!
    Thanks!! tho, i dont have any experience nor proper tools for desoldering..
    do you have info about the battery?? is it CR2032? i cant seem to find any battery with those metal strips.

• In my opinion, as it involves soldering, the ideal is to send the laptop to a repair center. Can you upload a photo of the battery? I don't think it's a cr2032. I think it's similar to this one: https://www.anotherserious.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=479938
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :)