Neil60
Neil60 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Windows 11
Please let me know ?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Upgrading your Aspire T3-710 to run Windows 11 will require a complete motherboard replacement, including CPU and memory. The Aspire T3-710 uses a motherboard with a chipset designed to host the Intel 6th generation processors, and won't work with newer generations. Better to look into a new computer. It's liable to cost close to the same and get you back up with a lot more speed than you have now.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    If you run the windows 11 readyness tool does it suggest what's lacking? 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewpchealth

I think your two blockers are going to be the TPM and the CPU, the TPM is easy, but the CPU not so much. Yours is a 6th gen Intel right?
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Upgrading your Aspire T3-710 to run Windows 11 will require a complete motherboard replacement, including CPU and memory. The Aspire T3-710 uses a motherboard with a chipset designed to host the Intel 6th generation processors, and won't work with newer generations. Better to look into a new computer. It's liable to cost close to the same and get you back up with a lot more speed than you have now.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.