fsamoggia Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
I have tried everything possible:

battery replacement (brand new now),
charger replacement,
battery reset with the button under the case,
battery reset pressing shift+power button for more than 15 seconds,
windows 10 factory reset,
updated bios to the latest version (although there is nothing in there related to battery limits/settings)
uninstalled power drivers and reinstalled them

The last solution I can think of is to download acer care center software but it is not available for my model.

Any idea please?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    With the laptop turned off, plug the charger in till the battery charge LED turns steady blue. Then boot the laptop. After it's fully booted, remove the charger and continue to use the machine till the battery monitor gives the 10% warning lever to plug the charger back in. Should be suitably calibrated thereafter.

Jack E/NJ

• fsamoggia
    Hi Jack, you didnt read my post carefully. The point is that the steady blu light is never reached as there is a block at 70%. The battery is new and the windows report of the battery says its health is 100%. 
    I also tried to boot from a usb with linux and I get the same issue.
    I start thinking that there is a problem with the motherboard, or the circuit preventing battery overheating if there is any?
  • JackE
    The battery charge LED must eventually turn from steady orange to steady blue. If the battery started out low to begin with, it may take eight hours or longer to turn from steady orange to steady blue. If it truly never reaches steady blue, then the charger is suspect.

Jack E/NJ

• fsamoggia
    ok, thanks for your time, as I wrote in my first post I already tried the new power supply with no joy. 
  • JackE
    Repeat this exactly even though you might've done it before. Open Device Manager. Click batteries folder. Right click and uninstall ALL battery related drivers. Exit Device Manager with reinstalling anything. Open Control Panel. Search button. Click change what the power buttons do. Click change settings that are currently unavailable. Scroll down and uncheck the box for fast startup. Shut down Windows normally.

Also repeat this cycle exactly  even though you might've done it before. With the laptop still turned off, plug the charger in till the battery charge LED turns steady blue. Then boot the laptop. After it's fully booted, remove the charger and continue to use the machine till the battery monitor gives the 10% warning lever to plug the charger back in.

Jack E/NJ