GPU fan problem Nitro 5 AN515-44

Thunder27
Thunder27 Member Posts: 3 New User
edited September 2021 in Nitro Gaming
Hello, why does my gpu fan sound so much worse than the cpu one? On low rpm speeds cpu fan is almost inaudible but the gpu one produces some weird noise, like vibration or something, i really don't know how to properly describe it but it's pretty annoying. So when the temps hit 40 both fans go up to 1500 and 1800 rpm and the gpu fan is really annoying at those speeds. My nitro 5 is about 1 month old. http://imgur.com/a/TOvdhjH (sound)

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Best Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,696 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Thunder27 said:
    Hello, why does my gpu fan sound so much worse than the cpu one? On low rpm speeds cpu fan is almost inaudible but the gpu one produces some weird noise, like vibration or something, i really don't know how to properly describe it but it's pretty annoying. So when the temps hit 40 both fans go up to 1500 and 1800 rpm and the gpu fan is really annoying at those speeds. My nitro 5 is about 1 month old. http://imgur.com/a/TOvdhjH (sound)
    That sounds like a bearing noise of the fan working but its a normal sound, there doesn't seem to be any blade hitting noises, so it could be that the GPU fans bearing is more noisy than the CPU fan but its not a fault of the fan. There is nothing that you can do to fix that except, try and see if Acer warranty will cover that and replace the fan for a new one but and to me, its a normal noise as a laptops fans are NOT completely noiseless and soundless.
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Thunder27 said:
    Nitro 5 AN515-44
    For your information, the Nitro 5 AN515-44 VGA OEM fan is the "FAN FOR VGA Acer part #: 23.Q7KN2.002" 

Answers

• StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Thunder27 said:
    That sounds like a bearing noise of the fan working but its a normal sound, there doesn't seem to be any blade hitting noises, so it could be that the GPU fans bearing is more noisy than the CPU fan but its not a fault of the fan. There is nothing that you can do to fix that except, try and see if Acer warranty will cover that and replace the fan for a new one but and to me, its a normal noise as a laptops fans are NOT completely noiseless and soundless.
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Hi @Thunder27
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 
  • Thunder27
    Thunder27 Member Posts: 3 New User
    edited September 2021
    Nitro 5 AN515-44
  • StevenGen
    Answer ✓
    Thunder27 said:
    Nitro 5 AN515-44
    For your information, the Nitro 5 AN515-44 VGA OEM fan is the "FAN FOR VGA Acer part #: 23.Q7KN2.002"