new battery - laptop only works with power connected aspire e5-475-31nv

Clarkey88
Clarkey88 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
Hi all,
i have replaced the battery in my laptop, (actually tried 3 different 1s) and I can now only use the laptop whilst it is plugged in to the power. I have followed all the common things online like draining the battery completely etc, and deleting the battery driver etc.

does anybody have any other idea?

thanks

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    It might be helpful if you could reveal your full ACER laptop model number.  For example. A515-54? Or E1-522? Where did you get the three different batteries from that you tried? Did each battery charge LED turn to steady blue from steady orange BEFORE you tried to turn the machine on with battery alone? Or did you just try to turn the new batteries on before they were fully charged?

Jack E/NJ

• Clarkey88
    Clarkey88 Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    It might be helpful if you could reveal your full ACER laptop model number.  For example. A515-54? Or E1-522? Where did you get the three different batteries from that you tried? Did each battery charge LED turn to steady blue from steady orange BEFORE you tried to turn the machine on with battery alone? Or did you just try to turn the new batteries on before they were fully charged?
    acer aspire e5-475-31nv

here is stages of whats happened:

• laptop starts cutting off suddenly with plenty charge left
    • tried the re installation of drivers etc - still no good
    • bought a batttery off amazon - installed wouldnt power up without being plugged into power - sent battery back
    • put in old battery that worked ok - but would cut off - ended up worse off as now this battery wouldnt work unless cord in etc
    • bought another - more expnsive battery in the hope it would work , but still the same. only works plugged in.
    please help before i just buy a new which will be a shame as this is not bad for what i require

thanks