Is the PSU in the Acer Predator AG6-710-70001 standard ATX or is it a proprietary form factor?

Options
Sol33t303
Sol33t303 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Predator Desktops
So at the moment, I'm helping a friend fix up a PC thats been sitting in a shed for a while according to him and won't turn on anymore (the Acer Predator AG6-710-70001, the exact model he has seems to have a single fan Zotac GTX GPU, could not confirm the exact GPU model), I used my multimeter to test the PSU and turns out the PSU is dead. So I need to know, is the PSU in that desktop of a standard form factor or is it proprietary?

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,838 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The G6-710 is old enough it doesn't use the new ATX12VO supplies. You can replace with most any ATX supply. I believe you have a supply that's over 700W already (The SG says 720W, 730W and 750W in different places), so it's likely best to replace with a 750W or larger.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• billsey
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The G6-710 is old enough it doesn't use the new ATX12VO supplies. You can replace with most any ATX supply. I believe you have a supply that's over 700W already (The SG says 720W, 730W and 750W in different places), so it's likely best to replace with a 750W or larger.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Sol33t303
    Sol33t303 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    Ah good, I was looking around and found  a 750w bronze corsair PSU on sale for cheap. If I can use just about anything then it sounds like that should work, thank you :)
  • billsey
    Options
    You bet, let us know how it works out.