What Type of cooling pad do I need for my Spin 3 lap top?

olanlee
olanlee Member Posts: 1 New User
I place coasters under my laptop to keep cool air flowing, because my laptop gets very hot. Could someone please tell me what type of cooling board do I need to keep my laptop from overheating.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,881 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    olanlee said:
    I place coasters under my laptop to keep cool air flowing, because my laptop gets very hot. Could someone please tell me what type of cooling board do I need to keep my laptop from overheating.
    What is the exact Spin 3 model number that you have? As this is what Acer recommends for one of their Spin SP515-51 laptop in their SG for repasting and they don't recommend any specific pads, also and to assist you to reduce temps get a good multi fan laptop tablet cooler as that will also assist in keeping the and maintaining to reduce heat by a few degrees and keep your laptop cooler.

IMPORTANT: f
    irst, make sure all thermal pads for the mainboard chipsets and VRAMs are in place before replacing the thermal module. Btw, one of the best thermal pads to use for the VRM, VRAM and Chipsets is the Thermal Grizzly Minus Pad 8 that I also use and they work great.

For the CPU and Thermal Module Acer recommends the following fitting procedures and pastes:
    1. Use a lint-free cloth or cotton swab soaked in isopropyl alcohol or acetone to remove all traces of thermal grease from the contact surfaces on both the thermal module and the CPU.
    2. Apply a small amount of thermal grease onto the center area of the CPU. There is no need to spread the grease manually, the force used during the installation of the thermal module is sufficient. The following brands of thermal grease are approved for use: N302 I-Connosseur or  Honeywell or Eapus XR-PE, but this might be a marketing suggestion as I've used the NEW Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut Extreme as I've found this paste to be the best for high temps, but its up to you what you use?
    3. Place the thermal module on the mainboard. Make sure to align the captive screws with the screw holes on the mainboard. Keep the module as level as possible to spread the thermal grease evenly.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    olanlee

Please go through the details completely.   It will be useful for you. 

Kindly follow the details from the link given below

https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/comment/1046282#Comment_1046282

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    First, verify the laptop is actually getting as hot as it seems. Run one of the utilities that displays CPU temperature to see where that is. The fan is regulated to hold the CPU temperature at the optimal values. You can sometimes see the battery heating, making area of the case seem hot, during charging and that doesn't affect the CPU temp, so the fan doesn't speed up.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.