Acer Swift 5 SF514-52T, How can I get my preloaded acer customized windows 10 back ?

MohitChugh
MohitChugh Member Posts: 1 New User
I have replaced my hard disk with new one and I have not created the recovery drive for my original windows. Acer technician just installed the clean windows 10 on my laptop after replacing the hard drive. How can I get my preloaded customized windows 10 back ?

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Depending on your locale you can purchase the recovery media from Acer through their store (in the USA and Canada) or contact Acer Support for other area of the world. The recovery media has all the original software load that shipped with the laptop. It was included in the original drive as a partition, but if the drive failed than it was lost...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • KimL
    KimL Member Posts: 2 New User

I have done a system reset - now it asks for BitLocker recovery key, I have never had one or uploaded one - Anyone that can help? (The reason for a complete reinstall was the motherboard kept alerting as too hot (fan is clean and running normally) and the WiFi just stopped working at 13 months old!! It's a swift 3 with an i7 and 12 gb ram.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044

@KimL

I understand you say " How can I get my preloaded customized windows 10 back ? "

Please visit the website - support.acer.com - chose your country - click on shop.  scroll down - click on eRecovery media on the bottom of page.  Enter the snid no - you can place the order for recovery media.  It might be a set of disks or recovery usb flash drive.  Alternatively, on the top right corner you can find the phone no to contact Acer store.  You can also order it from Acer store. 

Recovery media is a unique media which is designed only for your computer.  It cannot be used on any other computer.  It comes with drivers and applications which is designed for your computer.  

Kindly go through the details from the link given below

https://community.acer.com/en/kb/articles/129-acer-recovery-media

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• KimL
    KimL Member Posts: 2 New User

Many thanks, costs me an additional £49.99 or 50 quid - I will NEVER BUY AN ACER AGAIN - ***** equipment.

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    edited December 2022

@KimL

I am really sorry for the inconvenience.

I understand you are not interested to get the Acer recovery media.

Let me try to provide an alternative solution for it.

I understand you say "I have done a system reset - now it asks for BitLocker recovery key, I have never had one or uploaded one "

After installing the Windows you can always go to the acer site and install the drivers , applications and docs which are designed for your computer.

Kindly go through the details from the links given below

Try this method..

This will help you to remove the bitlocker out of your computer.

On a different working computer. 

Go to the website 

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

Below the info Create Windows 10 installation media

click on download tool now.. 

It will download the windows media creation tool - click on media creation file on the lower left corner.

Insert a blank 8 gb flash drive 

it will download and install the windows 10 on the blank flash drive.. 

Now insert the flash drive on the broken computer

Go to bios by tapping f2 while turning on the computer.

on the bios - go to main menu - f12 boot menu will be disabled. Please press enter on disabled Change it to enabled

Go to boot tab or boot options tab on the top

Check the setting

Boot mode: Uefi

Secure boot : enabled

f10 - save the changes

Try f12 while turning on the computer.

Boot it using flash drive..

click on install

chose custom

on where do you want to install windows screen - remove all the partitions

It will become like one single unallocated space  

There is no need to format it.. 

chose the unallocated space 

click on next 

It will install the operating system. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,436 Trailblazer

The cost is due to the new license that Acer had to buy from Microsoft. You originally had a factory image installed on the drive in the recovery partition, but when you did the Microsoft reset it overwrote that with the generic Windows image. If you had done the Alt-F10 reset that Acer documents it would have reset to the factory image.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.