Can @Acer make linux drivers Aspire A515-43

LonyouLOL
LonyouLOL Member Posts: 52 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My pc is a Aspire A515-43, I have Windows 10 rn, but when I download Linux 1 month ago, There were no drivers, Just drivers for Windows 10, can Acer just make drivers for Linux lol

What's a Signature???
I'm 
illegal dumb so idk
go sub to my crappy yt: Qjay - YouTube
and download this wallpaper, I Like it :)

Best Answer

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @LonyouLOL,

No, Acer will not make drivers for linux you can only get open source drivers for the linux.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Answer ✓
    Hi @LonyouLOL,

No, Acer will not make drivers for linux you can only get open source drivers for the linux.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    What distro did you download? LinuxMint? Kali? Fedora? Ubuntu? Debian? Most distros nearly always have the correct or configurable stable drivers specific to your model. Not so for Windows. Major Windows updates/changes are now so frequent that its drivers require frequent updates. What Linux device drivers do you think you need for devices that don't seem to be working correctly under the distro you downloaded?

Jack E/NJ

• LonyouLOL
    JackE said:
    What distro did you download? LinuxMint? Kali? Fedora? Ubuntu? Debian? Most distros nearly always have the correct or configurable stable drivers specific to your model. Not so for Windows. Major Windows updates/changes are now so frequent that its drivers require frequent updates. What Linux device drivers do you think you need for devices that don't seem to be working correctly under the distro you downloaded?
    I use Ubuntu
    and the drivers what's not working is
    1. Caps indicator
    2. Audio
    3. Wireless LAN

That's pretty much it.
    What's a Signature???
    I'm 
    illegal dumb so idk

• LonyouLOL
    Easwar said:
    Hi @LonyouLOL,

bomber, ok @Easwar
    What's a Signature???
    I'm 
    illegal dumb so idk

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Caps lock indicator apps come in a variety of flavors. You can add one or two by using a GUI software manager tool like Synaptics which often gives brief descriptions of what they look like. Synaptics or similar software managers should already be installed in your ubuntu start menu.

The audio & wifi driver issues are often better handled with more polished Ubuntu and Debian based GUI installer distros like LinuxMint if you aren't familiar with the terminal command prompt for configuring hardware devices especially networking.

I suggest registering with the ubuntuforums.org on your Windows machine to ask how to do these things if you want to stay with the basic ubuntu GUI installation.

Jack E/NJ

• LonyouLOL
    JackE said:
    Caps lock indicator apps come in a variety of flavors. You can add one or two by using a GUI software manager tool like Synaptics which often gives brief descriptions of what they look like. Synaptics or similar software managers should already be installed in your ubuntu start menu.

The audio & wifi driver issues are often better handled with more polished Ubuntu and Debian based GUI installer distros like LinuxMint if you aren't familiar with the terminal command prompt for configuring hardware devices especially networking.

I suggest registering with the ubuntuforums.org on your Windows machine to ask how to do these things if you want to stay with the basic ubuntu GUI installation.

ok @JackE
    What's a Signature???
    I'm 
    illegal dumb so idk