Acer laptop wont boot in safe modus windows 10 Swift 3 laptop SF314

TheWock
TheWock Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Swift and Spin Series

I've got some problems entering safemode on my Acer laptop with Windows 10.

Problem: It doesn't matter what startup option I choose, the Acer laptop always chooses the default Windows settings to enter Windows

Specs: Acer Swift 3 laptop SF314

Why is this a problem: I have the famous BSOD a few minutes after being logged in in Windows. The stopcodes are memory management or system service exception. To examine this I want to enter safemode so I can try different tools/commands to find a solution to this.

What I tried:

1: When booting the laptop I use the alt-f10 combo (D2D recovery is enabled in Bios) to enter the recovery modus. In there I select 'safe mode'. The laptop reboots but still uses the default windows settings to enter Windows and thus forgets I chose the safemode.

2: When restarting the laptop I hold the shift key when pressing the restart button. From there I enter the recovery modus. In there I select 'safe mode'. The laptop reboots but still uses the default windows settings to enter Windows and thus forgets I chose the safemode.

3: Changed the boot values in msconfig to safe mode. The laptop reboots but still uses the default windows settings to enter Windows and thus forgets I choose the safemode. When re-entering msconfig I do note that my changes were reset.

4: Tried enabling the administrator account using command "net user administrator /active:yes". While CMD (with admin privileges) confirms this command, I do note that the admin account is not available after rebooting, at the login screen.

4: Googled the related question. Searched through the acer forums. Watched some youtube video's. Can't find a solution there.

5: I tried 1 and 2 on another laptop and it works. So it must be somethings Win10/Acer related.

My question: What can be done to make sure the Acer laptop uses the safe mode when I choose that option with the actions as described by 1 and 2.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,647 Trailblazer
    I wonder if the system thinks you have disk corruption going on, and has disabled writes to the system partition. It sounds as if the changes requested aren't getting captured, which would happen if the partition were in write protected mode.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.