Aspire E 14 E5-476G Power State keeps changing from Charging to AC Power. pink led

Options
flintandchill
flintandchill Member Posts: 2 New User
Happened recently, I always charge my laptop whenever I use it. Normally when it's 100% and plugged in, both LEDs are blue. But now the right led turned pink when the battery reached 100% plugged in.
I already reset the battery (pinhole) but doesn't seem to work.
what should I do? Thank you

Best Answer

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,478 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unplug the charger. Run the laptop on battery alone till it reaches the 10% warning level. Then plug the charger back in. Battery charge LED should be steady orange. There may be a very brief transition period between 95-100% charge when both orange and blue charge LEDs are both lit giving a pinkish hue. You may not have noticed it before. It should change to steady blue again at 100%.

Jack E/NJ

Answers

• JackE
    Answer ✓
    Options
    Unplug the charger. Run the laptop on battery alone till it reaches the 10% warning level. Then plug the charger back in. Battery charge LED should be steady orange. There may be a very brief transition period between 95-100% charge when both orange and blue charge LEDs are both lit giving a pinkish hue. You may not have noticed it before. It should change to steady blue again at 100%.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Hi @flintandchill,

Is the power save mode ON in your system. 
  • flintandchill
    flintandchill Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    @JackE It worked! I did what you said and now the power state is always on AC power. Thank you very much!!!

The battery lasted longer than I expected. from 10:25 AM to around 6:30 PM. WIFI on, idle.

I might as well give a little background. the pink LED happened when I used my laptop for this one workshop. I plugged in HDMI, LAN, Audio jack, and charger. It was on power save mode. other than that, I only use my laptop for MS word and office stuff, also some browsing. But I've never use it for intensive gaming.

is it a common problem for aspire e 14? and is there any other solution to solve it? Because, as far as I know, depleting the battery is going to damage it. Thank you for your time.

@Easwar Yes. I always use power save mode. it's on the battery icon right? I always plugged in my charger when I use it.

• JackE
    Options
    >>>Because, as far as I know, depleting the battery is going to damage it. >>>

Only if the battery is repeatedly allowed to drain below about the critical 5% charge level. Windows usually warns you at 10% to plug the charger back in. At about 6-7% level Windows usually issues a critically low battery warning. At 5% Windows will usually abruptly shut the laptop off to avoid battery damage.

Jack E/NJ