acer aspire v3-574 n15q6 Black screen

Monteskju
Monteskju Member Posts: 3 New User
I have read and tried everything i found.
The problem is - there was a drink which flouted on notebook. since that have passed few years. i cleaned everything, changed RAM module, changed HDD, changed CMOS battery, tried things with reset button on motherboard, tried function keys - display not turning on. 
When i attach power (without battery), fan starts to spin, keyboard lights up - thats it - no acer logo, no Bios, no sounds - nothing.

Is there anything i can do in this situation?

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,939 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Monteskju said:
    The problem is - there was a drink which flouted on notebook. since that have passed few years. i cleaned everything, changed RAM module, changed HDD, changed CMOS battery, tried things with reset button on motherboard, tried function keys - display not turning on. 
    When i attach power (without battery), fan starts to spin, keyboard lights up - thats it - no acer logo, no Bios, no sounds - nothing.

First of all you have to realise that a liquid spill usually does allot of damage especially if that spill happened when the laptop was powered on, it usually shorts out many components inside your laptop as liquid spreads onto many internal components. My advice to you is to either take your V3-574 to Acer in your area and get them to analyse the liquid damage fault but, Acer will not fix the motherboards individual components they will change your V3-574’s motherboard for a new OEM one or a second hand one and/or whatever they have in stock as your laptop is old and components are not readily available? The second choice is that you can take your V3-574 to an experienced technician that can analyse and who does micro soldering and can fix and replace components (if it can be fixed and he can get these components?) in your area, these are your two choices that you have as liquid damage has probably damaged and shorted out internal components on your motherboard and it could be that its unrepairable.

Just to assist you, below are all the OEM Acer motherboards fitted to your V3-574 and by the model V3-574 N15Q6 that you gave, your OEM motherboard is the "MAINBOARD UMA (2.2G) BW i5-5200U W/MIC/RTC BTY/CR BL - Acer part #: NB.MW111.003" but and if I was you, I would  upgrade to the higher and best spec motherboard of the "MAINBOARD (2.4G) BW Ci75500U N16SGTS 4G-DDR3 (256*16*8) W/MIC/RTC BTY/CR BL - Acer part #: NB.MVG11.005" this is if you can still get these motherboards? As this mobo has the i7-5500U and has the dedicated GPU of the NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 4GB-DDR3 which is the top spec Aspire V3-574G:

Also and when your V3-574 is fully working, I would do the following first and to upgrade it:
    • Update the BIOS to the last version 1.35 dated 2016/01/07 "1. Update N16V-GM vbios to 80.28.8F.00.28" and 
    • I would use the Crucial System Scanner and see what Crucial suggests as the max and total memory for your Aspire V3-574 N15Q6 is? As it could be higher than the suggested  max total of 16 GB into its 2 memory sockets of 2x 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM, 1.35V and 1.5V into each slot. 
    • Upgrade to a 2.5" SSD 6GB/sec as your boot drive and 
    • Use and put the OEM spinner HDD with a caddy into the DVD slot and also as a slave drive.
    Btw, I've got an Aspire V3-571G i7-3610QM with the NVIDIA GT640M that I did all what I've suggested upgrades above and used the Crucial scanner as the max OEM memory suggested by Acer was 8GB at DDR3-1600MHz (2x 4GB per slot) but Crucial scan suggested 16GB total at DDR3-1600Mhz (2x  8GB) and I upgraded it to 2x 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz and its improved the performance greatly and works perfectly and afterwards I rescanned it with the Crucial scan and the result said that my Aspire V3-571G is the highest that they have scanned. Anyway, good luck and hope this helps you out, as these older laptops (that I've been updating for many years) won't run Win-11 but they run Win-10 without a problem and are an excellent secondary laptop for general use like I've used my Aspire V3-571G for many years. 
  • Monteskju
    StevenGen said:
    Monteskju said:

First of all you have to realise that a liquid spill usually does allot of damage especially if that spill happened when the laptop was powered on, it usually shorts out many components inside your laptop as liquid spreads onto many internal components. My advice to you is to either take your V3-574 to Acer in your area and get them to analyse the liquid damage fault but, Acer will not fix the motherboards individual components they will change your V3-574’s motherboard for a new OEM one or a second hand one and/or whatever they have in stock as your laptop is old and components are not readily available? The second choice is that you can take your V3-574 to an experienced technician that can analyse and who does micro soldering and can fix and replace components (if it can be fixed and he can get these components?) in your area, these are your two choices that you have as liquid damage has probably damaged and shorted out internal components on your motherboard and it could be that its unrepairable.

Just to assist you, below are all the OEM Acer motherboards fitted to your V3-574 and by the model V3-574 N15Q6 that you gave, your OEM motherboard is the "MAINBOARD UMA (2.2G) BW i5-5200U W/MIC/RTC BTY/CR BL - Acer part #: NB.MW111.003" but and if I was you, I would  upgrade to the higher and best spec motherboard of the "MAINBOARD (2.4G) BW Ci75500U N16SGTS 4G-DDR3 (256*16*8) W/MIC/RTC BTY/CR BL - Acer part #: NB.MVG11.005" this is if you can still get these motherboards? As this mobo has the i7-5500U and has the dedicated GPU of the NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 4GB-DDR3 which is the top spec Aspire V3-574G:

Also and when your V3-574 is fully working, I would do the following first and to upgrade it:
    • Update the BIOS to the last version 1.35 dated 2016/01/07 "1. Update N16V-GM vbios to 80.28.8F.00.28" and 
    • I would use the Crucial System Scanner and see what Crucial suggests as the max and total memory for your Aspire V3-574 N15Q6 is? As it could be higher than the suggested  max total of 16 GB into its 2 memory sockets of 2x 8GB DDR3L-1600 SODIMM, 1.35V and 1.5V into each slot. 
    • Upgrade to a 2.5" SSD 6GB/sec as your boot drive and 
    • Use and put the OEM spinner HDD with a caddy into the DVD slot and also as a slave drive.
    Btw, I've got an Aspire V3-571G i7-3610QM with the NVIDIA GT640M that I did all what I've suggested upgrades above and used the Crucial scanner as the max OEM memory suggested by Acer was 8GB at DDR3-1600MHz (2x 4GB per slot) but Crucial scan suggested 16GB total at DDR3-1600Mhz (2x  8GB) and I upgraded it to 2x 8GB DDR3-1600Mhz and its improved the performance greatly and works perfectly and afterwards I rescanned it with the Crucial scan and the result said that my Aspire V3-571G is the highest that they have scanned. Anyway, good luck and hope this helps you out, as these older laptops (that I've been updating for many years) won't run Win-11 but they run Win-10 without a problem and are an excellent secondary laptop for general use like I've used my Aspire V3-571G for many years. 
    I know about taking donor motherboard, but i asked here, maybe there is something else, what i didnt try till now. 
    Anyway, thank you for so good answer and tips with motherboard models. And yes, my build is with i7 and 940nvidia - that was highest build when i bought it.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Monteskju,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
  • Monteskju
    Easwar said:
    Hi @Monteskju,

Are you getting any light indication when charger is connected.
    Orange light when with nattery and pluged in charger. Blue light when without battery, only pluged in charger
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Monteskju,

Plz put the battery and connect the charger untill the orange light turns blue. Then try to turn ON the system.