ConceptD 7 Pro - The screen remains Black Screen and lo Acer / ConceptD logo is shown.

Options
Bacchinif
Bacchinif Member Posts: 54 Devotee WiFi Icon
As the title suggest my laptop is turning on (both battery and AC) but nothing shows on the screen. The screen remains black and lo Acer / ConceptD logo is shown.

I've already tried the following:

- Draining the battery

- Entering BIOS (F2, F9, F10, DEL)

- Unplugging everything external (monitors, USBs)

Nothing has really worked so far.

What should I do?
[Edited  the  thread  to  add  issue detail]

Best Answers

• Bacchinif
    Answer ✓
    Options
    The PC has already been repaired thanks to Acer Customer Service.
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Ingrid-Acer Administrator Posts: 3,303 Community Administrator
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Bacchinif

Thank you for letting us know. I am glad to hear that everything worked well. 

Kind Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 

Answers

• Leostat
    Leostat ACE Posts: 3,043 Pathfinder
    Options
    Does it look like the backlight is kicking in? and if you shine a very bright torch though the screen can you see anything :)? (to try to see if its the backlight which has failed, or maybe the screen itself for whatever reason)
  • Bacchinif
    Options
    Leostat said:
    Does it look like the backlight is kicking in? and if you shine a very bright torch though the screen can you see anything :)? (to try to see if its the backlight which has failed, or maybe the screen itself for whatever reason)
    No luck for me. Even by pointing a flash light in front of the screen I can't see anything.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    Bacchinif,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

• Bacchinif
    Options
    Easwar said:
    Bacchinif,

Try to do power drain,

1. Turn OFF the unit.
    2. Unplug the charger. 
    3. At the bottom there will be a tiny pin hole with battery sign close to it take a pin or paper clip and insert into it hold that button for 20-30 seconds. Then turn ON the unit and check.​

Already tried that. Didnt' work for me.

Unfortunately I've not been very lucky as after bringing the machine to the closest official repairing center we've discovered that the motherboard died. 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. 

3 Ways to Reset Acer Laptop to Factory Settings without Password​​

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. 
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

• Bacchinif
    Options
    Easwar said:

Reset this PC and keep my files
    1. Shutdown the unit. Press and hold alt+F10 key. Then turn ON the unit.
    2. You will get a blue screen. Choose the option troubleshoot. ​​

3. Select Keep my files to refresh your PC and reinstall your operating system without removing your personal files. Click Next to continue. Important If you have apps installed on your PC, they will be removed. 
    4. Resetting the PC will reinstall Windows, change settings back to their factory defaults and remove all preinstalled apps and programs without removing your personal files. Click Reset to continue.
    5. You will be shown the reset progress on the screen. The screen will turn off during the reset process.
    6. The screen will turn back on when it is installing Windows. Your PC will restart several times during the reset process.
    7. Follow the process until it completes.
    8. When your PC has completed the reset process, Windows will have been reset back to its factory default settings without removing your personal files.​

It seems pretty clear to me that you auto-pasted the answer. What can I do if the motherboard is burnt?
  • Ingrid-Acer
    Options
    Bacchinif

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with your concept D product. Would you please, send me a private message  with your serial number and contact information, so I can evaluate the possibility of escalate your case to the support department. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

[The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas]

• Commodore_1995#
    Options
    what is the exact model? example an515-55-58vh.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Bacchinif
    Answer ✓
    Options
  • Ingrid-Acer
    edited September 2021 Answer ✓
    Options
    Hello @Bacchinif

Kind Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 

• Bacchinif
    Options
    Hello @Bacchinif

Kind Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid 

Yeah, thank you very much for your support!
  • Bacchinif
    Options
    Bacchinif

I am sorry to hear you are having this issue with your concept D product. Would you please, send me a private message  with your serial number and contact information, so I can evaluate the possibility of escalate your case to the support department. 

Best Regards, 
    Acer-Ingrid

[The Acer Community is not a direct portal to Customer service, the Acer Forum discussions were designed as a peer to peer support community where Acer users help other Acer users. Many Acer employees (Moderators), read the various topics posted here and you will notice that some Acer employees interact with members when appropriate, primarily we want the community to be a place where members can exchange their own advice and ideas]

• LewGeiger
    LewGeiger Member Posts: 1 New User
    Options

Die hard

Mylaptop do not turning on.

I've tried pin inside on the botton for 20-30 seconds with unplug charger and dint work.
    I've already tried the F10+ALT +turn on.
    What should I do?