Stuck in the acer boot up loop

Options
Nxfty
Nxfty Member Posts: 1 New User
I’m not sure if this is in the correct category but I’ll give it a go. So a couple of days ago I turned off my computer and when I went to turn it back on it said “preparing automatic repairs” and then looped for hours and never fixed. I then tried installing windows onto a usb and changed its priority to #1 in bios settings and it went from the acer boot up screen to a blue screen, it then stays like that for a minute and the computer completely turns off. I have no idea what to do now, thanks in advance

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,947 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Nxfty said:
    I’m not sure if this is in the correct category but I’ll give it a go. So a couple of days ago I turned off my computer and when I went to turn it back on it said “preparing automatic repairs” and then looped for hours and never fixed. I then tried installing windows onto a usb and changed its priority to #1 in bios settings and it went from the acer boot up screen to a blue screen, it then stays like that for a minute and the computer completely turns off. I have no idea what to do now, thanks in advance
    There are allot of guides on this fault and how to fix this "preparing automatic repairs" on the web, have a look at this guide "How To Fix Preparing Automatic Repair Windows 10as one of these steps will fix your problem. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    What you likely want to do is instead of installing Windows to a USB, create a Windows install flash drive. That will let you boot into the repair environment to run the diagnostics needed to figure out what's failing. You don't tell us what computer you have so it's tough to get much deeper into it now. Give us your model number, which OS you are running, what CPU/GPU/Memory/Storage combo you have...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.