My camera and video are bad Aspire 3

lyndseylyndsey Member Posts: 3 New User
I have just bought an Aspire 3 and I have noticed my camera and video are not very good and a bit not blurry but just not clear, with speckles. I have an acer swift 1 with same camera and video specs and that is fine. I have tried updating the driver but it still isn't acceptable. Can you suggest anything else?

FAQ & Answers

• JackEJackE ACE Posts: 30,265 Trailblazer
    Open AcerCareCenter and try an erase everything ACER OEM factory reset. If it doesn't resolve the problem then Immediately return it to the vendor/seller as unacceptable or defective for a refund or exchange before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) period expires. Usually only a few weeks.
    Jack E/NJ
  • lyndseylyndsey Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi can you please be a bit more spacific because I can't see anything that says reset ACER OEM? 
  • lyndseylyndsey Member Posts: 3 New User
    Hi can someone else help me please? I did factory settings on my windows but I'm still having the same issues with the camera. Like I said I have the same specs on my other Acer and the camera works fine (not the best but better). The last laptop I bought had the same camera issues so maybe this is a microsoft or windows issue, anyhow I think the problem can be fixed with a new camera driver. Can you give me the instructions of how to install it? 
  • JackEJackE ACE Posts: 30,265 Trailblazer
    Shut down Windows. Turn machine on again and immediately press and hold ALT key while tapping the F10 key. Another reset menu should appear. This is the ACER factory reset. Choose the erase everything factory reset option. if the camera still doesn't work properly, it's probably a hardware issue and should immediately be returned to the vendor as defective for a refund or exchange. Do this before the vendor's return merchandise authorization (RMA) period expires. Usually only a few weeks.
    Jack E/NJ
  • EaswarEaswar Ally Posts: 3,865
    Hi @lyndsey,

What camera app you are using ? like Zoom,googleduo, etc