Aspire 5 A514-54 is not connecting to my WiFi

honeybubz
honeybubz Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Aspire Laptops
My WiFi is working perfectly fine on other devices, but my laptop won’t connect. Or once it gets connected it keeps falling away. I’ve searched the internet already for possible solutions but none seem to be working. How can I solve this problem ASAP? I have the Aspire 5 A514-54

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager. Click network adapters folder. Right click and uninstall wifi driver. Exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on and let Windows automatically re-detected the wifi hardware and automatically re-installing fresh copies of the wifi drivers.

Jack E/NJ

• honeybubz
    honeybubz Member Posts: 2 New User
    JackE said:
    Open Device Manager. Click network adapters folder. Right click and uninstall wifi driver. Exit Device Manager without re-installing anything. Shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on and let Windows automatically re-detected the wifi hardware and automatically re-installing fresh copies of the wifi drivers.
    I tried this and it worked for maybe a day and now it’s acting up again.. I’m a bit bumped this is happening and it’s very annoying. It’s seems like this laptop can’t run with the installed wifi hardware properly. Any other options that I can try to solve this problem? 
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Open Device Manager again. Click network adapters folder. Right click wifi properties. Click power management tab. Uncheck the box to let computer turn off wifi to save power.

Jack E/NJ

• IffetsK
    IffetsK Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

@honeybubz

1. You can try uninstalling the wifi driver and reinstall it by downloading afresh from Acer support site. 
    2. You can try System Restore if it was working fine during the saved any restored point.

Hit 'Like' if you find the answer helpful!

Click on 'Yes' if the comment answers your question!

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee

Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY