How to safely update Insyde Firmware 5.22.1.26 on my acer predator PH315-51 with a dead battery

Options
Allen28
Allen28 Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Predator Laptops
My Laptop battery is no more charging its at 0% available plugged in 
Now it does not work or power on without main power. 
I have reinstalled win 10 and updated all the latest driver my sys bios is 1.26 the latest but still battery does not work. 
Now I think If I update FW to 5.22.126 level through Win update then battery may start to work again.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 9,946 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Allen28 said:
    My Laptop battery is no more charging its at 0% available plugged in 
    Now it does not work or power on without main power. 
    I have reinstalled win 10 and updated all the latest driver my sys bios is 1.26 the latest but still battery does not work. 
    Now I think If I update FW to 5.22.126 level through Win update then battery may start to work again.
    My suggestion to you is to first check your battery, if its charging and is at its supposed voltage-of 15.2V (e.g. the Simplo AC14B7K and the LG AC14B8K should have a voltage of 15.2V) and that your AC adaptor is charging also and working to its specs? A BIOS update does not fix a dead battery or an adaptor, do not touch and/or update the BIOS especially with the Microsoft FW to 5.22.126 you don't need it as you have the last Acer BIOS 1.26 version!   

Your problem(s) could be a plug (of your adaptor) or the pug on the side of the laptop not making contact, also it could be an internal laptop power/charging circuitry components fault. If its an internal charging/power circuitry component fault then, take it to either an Acer service centre in your area or an experienced technician in your area that can diagnose and has experience in fixing power/charging issues and replacing faulty components. For your information, these are the specs of the PH315-51's Battery and the AC Adaptors specs so check that they are working properly first.