Acer Swift SF514-54-59T5 #Cant fit the RAM in#

JYJY
JYJY Member Posts: 10

Tinkerer

Was trying to upgrade my laptop RAM, but i cant push the RAM in, does this mean the RAM that I bought is not compatible?
I bought ADATA DDR4 8GB 2666

Best Answers

Answers

• brummyfan2
    brummyfan2 ACE Posts: 28,089 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Hi,
    Try inserting at an angle(roughly 35°-40°) then push down the module until it clicks in to the retainer clips.
  • Did you manage to fit the ram?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JYJY

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Did you manage to fit the ram?
    Haven't, will try again and upload the clip if the RAM still cant get in👈
  • JYJY

Tinkerer

Thank you .
  • Can you insert another ram?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • JYJY

Tinkerer

Can you insert another ram?
    No, I think only one slot available.
  • That's not what I asked. When you try to plug another ram into the slot, does the same problem occur?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JYJY

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    I inserted one RAM only. The slot was blank initially.
  • JYJY

Tinkerer

Is the same piece of RAM
  • Can you upload a photo only from the ram slot? I want to see if there is any plastic in the socket that is preventing the installation of ram.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JYJY

Tinkerer

.   .     .     .      .      .
  • When you force it at a 45° angle, the ram doesn't fit?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• JYJY

Tinkerer

I didnt push with enough force at first so that's why I thought the RAM did not fit in. Anyway, it fitted after a few attempts.