Acer Predator XB253QGW RGB light sense issues

Options
2»

Answers

• madmax405
    madmax405 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

Options
    Its understandable, and I don't really know how you do things here, but thanks for removing the flag. The woman I spoke to at Acer support was totally unhelpful so it's not worth it to be to bother continuing with them on my side. However, I hope one day they can fix their software and one day it can truly be solved. It's a pretty big oversight.
  • Mr_Hunter
    Mr_Hunter Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Any news for this?
    @egydiocoelho  

I have 2 ACER Predator XB273UGS Displays and the same problem.
    Only one is shown in the Light Sense Application.
    Not both at once.

I think I´m not the only one who is using 2 Monitors.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,779 Trailblazer
    Options
    I believe the USB port is used for the Light Sense application to talk to the monitors. The two monitors likely look identical to the app so commands to the monitors only go to the first one it sees. Without knowing how they setup the firmware in the monitor itself it would be hard to tell if a fix that allows control of more connected monitors  would be just an app change or if it also would require new firmware.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Nazirull
    Nazirull Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    billsey said:
    I believe the USB port is used for the Light Sense application to talk to the monitors. The two monitors likely look identical to the app so commands to the monitors only go to the first one it sees. Without knowing how they setup the firmware in the monitor itself it would be hard to tell if a fix that allows control of more connected monitors  would be just an app change or if it also would require new firmware.
    Do you connect the USB B 3.0 port to USB A on the PC to let "Light Sense application to talk to the monitors"?
  • billsey
    Options
    Yup, you connect the B port on the monitor to an A port on the computer. It's best to match versions, so 3.0 to 3.0.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • madmax405

Tinkerer

Options

It's been another year, is there still no fix for this? Anything we can do at all? I'm still stuck being unable to use features of these monitors.

• billsey
    Options

So, you have the USB-B port on the monitor connected to your computer and the utility doesn't see the monitor?

• madmax405

Tinkerer

Options

The utility will only recognize and be able to control one monitor. Either one will work fine if you only have one plugged in.

• billsey
    Options

Then it is working as expected. Both monitors are identical, and look so the the OS, so it can only make changes to the first one it sees.