Acer Predator XB253QGW RGB light sense issues

gyurikabmx
gyurikabmx Member Posts: 9

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Predator Monitors
Hello Everyone,

I have multiple issues with the RGB light sense application.

I have two Acer Predator XB253QGWbmiiprzx monitors. When I open the light sense app, I can see only one of them in the application, no matter what I do. If I try adjust the settings, it only applies to one of the monitors. Both of them are connected via USB as well. Both of them works well IF I connect one at a time. But when I connect the 2nd one, nothing happens, the light sense doesn't detect it.

Intererestingly, the acer widget app detects both monitors without any issue- so it seems it's a software problem.

The other issue is that I cannot make the app start with the windows within the application. I can force start it by Windows, but it doesn't remember the ON setting when it starts. I have to click ON every time. I'd like to to set the app once, to start with windows AND the lights on automatically without clicking anywhere-just like any other RGB in my rig.

The 1st issue is more annoying, It feels like no one thought about the situation where someone purchase 2 monitors. But the 2nd one is important to me as well.

Thank you for forward.

Answers

• Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gyurikabmx

Tinkerer

I've installed the latest (1160) version from the start. 

• gyurikabmx

Tinkerer

edited September 2021

This is what I see, and now I have both monitors connected via USB and displayport as well.

Edit: I have the latest version...

• When you activate DEVICE LIGHT and restart your computer, does the same issue occur?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • gyurikabmx

Tinkerer

Yes, I turn ON the light in the app, but after I turn the computer off (the lights go off on the montor because I don't want to see it 24/7) and on again, the leds doesn't light up neither on the monitors. It's clear, that the light sense software's setting just doesn't apply after the PC was turned off.

The light sense app should have a "start with windows" option, and it should remember the last applied settings. In this way, when I start my PC, the light sense would start with it along with the last applied settings. This software's current state is a piece of *****... No offense.

And still no sign of the 2nd monitor in the app... so it is a present issue as well. I can apply an coloring to only one monitor. Whitch is frustrating after buying 2 of this expensive monitorts.

Thank you!
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @gyurikabmx,

(the lights go off on the montor because I don't want to see it 24/7) We can't turn ON the lights without the power once the unit shutdowns the power supply stops energy to run the system so we can't ON the lights 24/7. If you wish to do that the system should not turn OFF.
  • I talked to the moderators, to see if there is a possibility for acer engineers to analyze the issue of this topic.
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• gyurikabmx

Tinkerer

Hi, @Easwar

There must be a misunderstanding. There is always current in the monitors. BUT there is an option in the monitor's menu called "LED on in sleep" and its turned off. In this way, when the monitor goes stand by, the leds go off too. That's how I meant that I don't want to see the lights 24/7. But if I turn on the monitor again (along with the PC), the previously applied lights won't show automatically up, if the monitor comes off from stand by.

Thank you for your help!

Gy.
  • gyurikabmx

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    Hi @egydiocoelho

Thank you for your and the mods' help. These issues are really annoying especially for this price range. 

I hope there will be a fix for my issues somehow. 

Regards,
    Gy.
  • gyurikabmx

Tinkerer

Hi @egydiocoelho, do you have any updates on this thread? Long time no new posts here. Thanks.
  • I still don't have an answer from the moderators either.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• mattheworifici
    mattheworifici Member Posts: 1 New User
    Hi, I have the same issue with the second monitor not showing up. Only the first connected to USB shows up and can be managed. If I unplug that one the other will show up. It's like it can only address one at a time. I have two XB323QK NV displays. I updated the firmware on both monitors and that didn't fix the issue either.  Note in my screenshots that the Acer widget sees both monitors but the Light Sense app does not. It's very frustrating.
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    It sounds like you are trying to connect two monitors simultaneously using two USB-C ports? What computer is it that has the two USB-C ports and do you know if both support DP Alt Mode? The architecture might only have one DP Alt Mode channel,and in that case only the first monitor seen by the system would get a video stream. A second monitor would be expected to be on the GPU instead of on the USB bus.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • madmax405
    madmax405 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I am experiencing the same issue on the newest version of the Light Sense software. Monitors are plugged in with USB C-A cables and only noticing one monitor. The monitors work individually, if you unplug one you can control the other. But, if both are plugged in, you can only control one.

• madmax405

Tinkerer

Is there any chance that an actual staff member will be able to look into this problem and get it fixed or do they simply not care because most people will not run 2 of their high end monitors? I am thinking about returning both of the products, since I have just purchased them in February at Micro Center and I am in the return period. I spent an hour of time on the phone with support yesterday and got nowhere. I was asked to call Microsoft at one point, like they would help me with an issue that is clearly stemming from the RGB Sense software.
  • gyurikabmx

Tinkerer

I still have this issue, please fix it! I really cannot believe, that no one ever has thought about having 2 of the same monitors........ 
    Secondly, there is no option to save the settings in the applicaton, you have to apply the RGB settings at every startup. I'm shocked, that these are the "premium" products of Acer. I'll never buy another Acer product, and I'll talk out everyone in my social circle buying Acer. Their sw (team) sucks.....
  • madmax405

Tinkerer

My post should not be flagged as an answer, because my post is just acknowledging the same problem that Acer is ignoring for over one year. The software design needs to be updated to permit for dual monitors. Simple as
  • billsey
    edited March 2022
    I'll ask the moderators to fix it.
    As you likely know, this is a community support forum, not a window into Acer support. The only Acer personnel that you see here are the moderators. Although we can sometimes have them escalate an issue to support, they don't read these threads looking for situations where an escalation is needed.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • gyurikabmx

Tinkerer

I know, it's a community site, but when I contacted the official Acer retailer here, in Hungary they said that I should post my problems here. In this way maybe someone will help me with my issues.

• billsey
    Yes, that is correct, but you had stated "Is there any chance that an actual staff member will be able to look into this problem", and I was responding to that. So the moderators did what they are supposed to and removed the incorrect solution flag, but we won't be getting any feedback directly from Acer regarding the actual question...