Can I connect monitor using Max-Q's Mini DP output port ? - Predator Helios 300 PH315-53-75NL

Options
sato_leo
sato_leo Member Posts: 2 New User
edited September 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hi everyone,

Can I connect my HDMI monitor using RTX 2070 Max-Q's Mini Displayport output port ? - 

I have a Predator Helios 300 with a RTX 2070 Max-Q (model PH315-53-75NL) and 2 HDMI monitors.

The RTX 2070 Max-Q has 2 video output ports, 1 HDMI and 1 Mini Displayport.

I was able to connect 1 of my monitors using the HDMI output port of the video card (via HDMI x HDMI cable).

Now I want to connect my second HDMI monitor using the Mini Displayport output of the video card... I tried using a Mini DP to HDMI cable, but the monitor isn't being identified and gets the message "No HDMI signal".

The Mini DP to HDMI cable I used (the page is in brazilian portuguese, but i guess it's possible to translate it to your language): https://www.vinik.com.br/.../cabo-mini-displayport-para.../

Since a Mini DP to HDMI cable exists, I thought the signal conversion was possible, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

Does someone know a way to make that connection between Mini Displayport output and HDMI monitor work ?

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• sato_leo
    sato_leo Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    Also, does anyone know anything about passive vs active HDMI cables ?

Maybe if my 'mini DP to HDMI' cable isn't "active HDMI", the conversion won't work properly... As far as I know mine isn't the active type...