Acer Aspire A315-53-P4MY takes a long time to show Acer logo boot screen (about 40 seconds)

turbosam
turbosam Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

Hi

My Acer laptop (Aspire A315-53-P4MY) seems to have run into a strange problem since yesterday. Once I hit the power button, it is taking about 40 seconds for the Acer boot logo screen to appear. The screen flashes in between but remains black rest of the time. The power light also flashes or remains blue for most of the time. Once the Acer logo appears, the laptop boots normally. Another issue to note here is that once Windows is completely loaded, the SYSTEM TIME IS ALWAYS INCORRECT and I have to always sync it back again with the server. The laptop also doesn't wake up from sleep (when I close and reopen the lid) and I have to power it on again. This happens both with or without the charger attached. Has anybody else faced this issue and know how to fix it?

I have run the Acer Care Center and it is all updated and it shows the drive, memory and battery in good health. Windows 10 is also fully updated. The laptop has 500 GB SSD and 12 GB RAM. I have recorded a video of the booting process as well - it can be viewed at https://youtu.be/vHBqj-Y9TMA

Any help would be much appreciated. If I need to add more information, then please do let me know. 

Thanks in advance.

Best Answer

• turbosam

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thank you to everyone who tried to help out. The issue is fixed now. It seems it wasn't a software issue at all. Turns out that my motherboard CMOS battery was dead. My machine not maintaining the correct time was the clue to the problem. It also seemed to be affecting the BIOS somehow and was disrupting my booting process. It is a cheap and easy part to replace which I got done today and my laptop is working perfectly fine.

Again thanks to the community members who spent their invaluable time in trying to find a solution to my problem. 

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,776 Trailblazer
    Shut down Windows normally. Turn machine back on and immediately tap the F2 key to enter the BIOS menu. Press F9 to load BIOS defaults. Then press F10 to save settings and exit. The machines should start normally the next time you start up.

Jack E/NJ

• turbosam

Tinkerer

Hi

Thanks for a swift response. I did the steps that you mentioned. Unfortunately, it did not fix the problem. It still takes a long time before the booting process actually begins. Also, the system time still remains incorrect and keeps at the last time I shut down the machine. Any other fix that I can try?
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down near the bottom of the page to fast startup. Is fast startup checkmarked or not checkmarked?

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @turbosam,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • JackE
    Open Control Panel. Search 'button'. Click 'change what the power buttons do' in left pane. Click 'change settings that are currently unavailable'. Scroll down near the bottom of the page to fast startup. Is fast startup checkmarked or not checkmarked?

Jack E/NJ

• turbosam

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @turbosam,

# Try to get the BIOS page.
    1. Turn OFF the unit.
    ​2. Press and hold the F2 key and turn on the unit. 
    3. You will be in setup utility page. 
    4. Once you got the screen release the F2 key.
    5. Tap on F9 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    6. Tap on F10 key and hit enter key without changing the option.
    7. Your unit will restart by itself. 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
    Hi

Thanks for the reply. Jack had suggested these steps in the previous post and I have tried them out. Unfortunately, these steps have not fixed the problem.
  • turbosam

Tinkerer

JackE said:
    It is checkmarked.
  • turbosam

Tinkerer

Answer ✓
    Thank you to everyone who tried to help out. The issue is fixed now. It seems it wasn't a software issue at all. Turns out that my motherboard CMOS battery was dead. My machine not maintaining the correct time was the clue to the problem. It also seemed to be affecting the BIOS somehow and was disrupting my booting process. It is a cheap and easy part to replace which I got done today and my laptop is working perfectly fine.

Again thanks to the community members who spent their invaluable time in trying to find a solution to my problem. 
  • JackE
     Congratulations on your success. Thanks for reporting back on the solution.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @turbosam,

Good to know thanks for your information. It will be useful for many people.