How do I actually disable the keyboard backlight timeout? Acer TravelMate P614-51T

3464mustang
3464mustang Member Posts: 16 Troubleshooter
Hey guys!

I have this annoying issue with my keyboard backlight timeout, which is driving me crazy..
So I installed the latest BIOS update through Acers software page. After the installation I could pick either to enable or to disable the keyboard backlight timeout in the BIOS settings. My current BIOS version is 1.04 of 2019/11/15.

I don`t have a timeout disable item in BIOS settings. Can you release a new BIOS version (or suggest another solution) with adjustable turnoff keyboard backlight (as discussed in this thread: https://community.acer.com/en/discussion/573425/how-do-i-actually-disable-the-keyboard-backlight-timeout-acer-nitro-5?breakffcache=bb0be)?

I hope you guys can help, thank you!

Answers

• When you press ctrl+s in the main bios tab, does this option appear?
    Luz do teclado desliga passados poucos segundos Nitro 5  Acer Community

Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 3464mustang
    No, nothing is happening :(
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    3464mustang,

Go to Settings (Click on the gear icon you find on top right corner). -> You will find Keyboard Setting there, just below that "Backlight off after 30 Seconds" -> just Disable this option and you are good to go.
  • 3464mustang
    edited September 2021
    Hello, @Easwar!
    If I understood you correctly, I do not have such an option (I have the Russian-language version of Windows 10 Home installed). Screenshots attached.

• Then go to the plugs folder and change the name Predator PH315-52 to TravelMate P614-51T and run the installation!
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • 3464mustang
    edited September 2021
    Hi, @egydiocoelho!
    I`ve no access to your GoogleDrive. Can you provide or upload it on DropBox?
  • I released access.

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 3464mustang
    edited September 2021
    I still don't have access. You can check this by clicking on your link in incognito mode (you will see a message that there is no access).
    You should grant access to the link to everyone who has a link, as here: https://support.google.com/drive/answer/2494822?hl=ru-UA&co=GENIE.Platform=Desktop#zippy=,как-предоставить-доступ-к-нескольким-файлам,как-отправить-форму-google-и-открыть-к-ней-доступ,доступ-для-всех-в-интернете

• what is your email?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 3464mustang
    I have sent a request for access rights to this document.
  • I've released access!

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 3464mustang
    Hi, @egydiocoelho!

I apologize for such a long answer. Finally, I downloaded the file, changed the name of the Predator PH315-52 directory to TravelMate P614-51T, installed PredatorSense.
    Вut I cannot start this application: it does not appear in the start menu; along the path "C:\Program Files\Acer\PredatorSense Service" I have nothing similar to "start.exe" or "PredatorSence.exe" (attached screenshot No. 1).
    How can I launch this application!?

Maybe this is due to the fact that Windows 10 recognizes my computer as Swift SF314-54G? (attached screenshot # 2).

I also noticed that the directory that I renamed does not contain my processor (attached screenshot # 3).

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, the folder name has to match the model number.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • 3464mustang
    Hi, @egydiocoelho!

I apologize for such a long answer. Finally, I downloaded the file, changed the name of the Predator PH315-52 directory to TravelMate P614-51T, installed PredatorSense.
    Вut I cannot start this application: it does not appear in the start menu; along the path "C:\Program Files\Acer\PredatorSense Service" I have nothing similar to "start.exe" or "PredatorSence.exe" (attached screenshot No. 1).
    How can I launch this application!?

Maybe this is due to the fact that Windows 10 recognizes my computer as Swift SF314-54G? (attached screenshot # 2).

I also noticed that the directory that I renamed does not contain my processor (attached screenshot # 3).

• 3464mustang
    edited October 2021
    I apologize for resending the same message (I accidentally =)). If I change the folder name to "swift...", then I get an error message that my machine is not supported.

• 3464mustang
    So, how can I run PredatorSense to make the settings? =)
  • Is the model you are currently using the TravelMate P614-51T or the SF314-54G?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

• 3464mustang
    TravelMate P614-51T. Here are some photos:

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Has the motherboard been replaced or does it have a non-standard BIOS image installed?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • why00why
    why00why Member Posts: 2 New User
    I have a Travelmate P 645 S and the exact same issue my keyboard backlight just will not stay on :(

I updated BIOS to 2018/12/28 Version: 1.20 which is the latest available, I also have every drivers and windows update but this setting is missing ENTIRELY from my laptop, it's not in BIOS and it's not in the windows settings.

There's no way I can do all this hassle with renaming this suff etc and it doesn't even seem to work for this other person. I need a straight forward setting to force the backlight on forever. Does this really not exist? Please just tell me yes or no so I can give up with this laptop. I'm tired of looking for my keys in the dark or feeling for the windows key to make the backlight come back on.

This is driving me nuts why can't this just STAY ON???? congratulations Acer, you saved 0.5% battery but now I'll probably be looking for a new laptop from a different brand...