Acer Chromebox CXI3 to Second Display?

rosborn78okok
rosborn78okok Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2021 in Chromebooks
Hello all, 

I am using a Chromebox CXI3 and a Sceptre monitor for work. I want to add a second display for efficiency and am trying to connect my Acer K28 series. So far I’ve tried USB 3.0 to HDMI and USB C to DisplayPort. 

With USB 3.0 to HDMI, i can see the Acer in the Displays section of Settings. But the Acer screen itself just shows No Signal Detected. 

With USB C to DisplayPort, again, I can see the Acer in Settings, but now it says Cable Not Connected. It is connected, I verified. 

Settings on both screens are set at 1920x1080 and 60Hz. 

Any insight in what settings I’ve neglected to check or what I could try next would be VERY appreciated. 

Best Answer

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,672 Trailblazer
    Answer ✓
    Specs says DisplayPort over USB-C is supported on that rear port, so the USB-C to DP cable should be working. Have you tried a different cable?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Answers

• rosborn78okok
    Correction: the second monitor I’m trying to use is an Acer KG 1 series. Also, I’ve successfully used it with an HP laptop using an HDMI to HDMI connection. 
  • billsey
    Answer ✓
    Specs says DisplayPort over USB-C is supported on that rear port, so the USB-C to DP cable should be working. Have you tried a different cable?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • rosborn78okok
    Thanks for the reply! I’m pretty embarrassed but if it helps anyone else, here goes: it had to be turned off and back on again. After 3 weeks of stressing about this and buying 3 different cables, my brother came in, unplugged everything, replugged it in, and had me set up in 5 minutes. 😂 
  • billsey
    Heheh, ain't it a pain when someone like your brother does that? It's so much better when it's a nameless computer tech. :)
  • rosborn78okok
    billsey said:
    Heheh, ain't it a pain when someone like your brother does that? It's so much better when it's a nameless computer tech. :)
    Truth be told, if anyone is going to tell me to turn it off and on again, I'd take it best coming from Moss or Roy :-D
  • lesatdgl
    lesatdgl Member Posts: 1 New User
    Thanks for the reply! I’m pretty embarrassed but if it helps anyone else, here goes: it had to be turned off and back on again. After 3 weeks of stressing about this and buying 3 different cables, my brother came in, unplugged everything, replugged it in, and had me set up in 5 minutes. 😂 
    Let me add one qualification - be sure to unplug, power off both the monitor and the CPU. Then restart the CPU, plug in the cable and power on the monitor