driver update problem - Predator Helios 300

Yassmeen
Yassmeen Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

edited September 2021 in Predator Laptops
Predator Helios 300

Model No : N17C3

Aspier xxxx

I remember that then when I bought it.. the keyboard had a problem, so I had to go to an acer maintenance agency. They told me that the motherboard had a problem we have to change it. And I approved.  I thought I had to mention it, maybe it`s related.  Now I`m trying to put it`s serial num, SNID num and model no in Acer Support It keeps saying not found !!  what`s that mean?                                                                                                                                                                                  

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• What is the exact model? Example PH315-52-58VH. Can you upload a photo of the bios information tab? 
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Yassmeen,

Get into the BIOS page you will have a serial.no of your unit try to search by having that no.
  • Yassmeen

Tinkerer

What is the exact model? Example PH315-52-58VH. Can you upload a photo of the bios information tab? 
    Unfortunately I discovered that acer maintenance agency put a different unoriginal motherboard ( aspire ) doesn't have a real serial number in my laptop while mine is Predator .. I made one last check between the original s/n at the bottom of the laptop and the s/n  in the system info ( so fake doesn't have any capital or small letters it is just easy numbers - which acer care center site told me in the search results that the s/n isn't match thier s/n, theirs should have capital letters)..they both different.. what should I do ? I discovered that cheating after 4 years while I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, and other new program. Now I can't install any windows 11 updates, the new program doesn't work correctly because both ot them need to update my drive which isn't original and doesn't have drive support updates at acer.com  .. what should I do? Please help..
  • Yassmeen

Tinkerer

Easwar said:
    Hi @Yassmeen,

Get into the BIOS page you will have a serial.no of your unit try to search by having that no.
    Unfortunately I discovered that acer maintenance agency put a different unoriginal motherboard ( aspire ) doesn't have a real serial number in my laptop while mine is Predator .. I made one last check between the original s/n at the bottom of the laptop and the s/n  in the system info ( so fake doesn't have any capital or small letters it is just easy numbers - which acer care center site told me in the search results that the s/n isn't match thier s/n, theirs should have capital letters)..they both different.. what should I do ? I discovered that cheating after 4 years while I upgraded my laptop to Windows 11, and other new program. Now I can't install any windows 11 updates, the new program doesn't work correctly because both ot them need to update my drive which isn't original and doesn't have drive support updates at acer.com  .. what should I do? Please help..
  • Can you tell which exact model your computer was? On the motherboard, several models share the same motherboard. Maybe that's why the model name is different in the bios. Can you upload a photo of the bios information tab?
    Oi! Eu não sou sou a cortana! Mas estou aqui para ajudar! Hi! I'm not the cortana! But I'm here to help!
    Se você gostou da minha resposta, marque como solução clicando em sim! If you liked my answer, mark it as a solution by clicking on yes!
    Aceite somente a resposta que ajudou a solucionar o seu problema! Please accept only the response that helped to solve your problem!
    Detection tool click here to find the serial number or partnumber of your model!                                                          

egydiocoelho Trailblazer

ProductKey clique aqui para descobrir o serial do windows! click here to discover the windows serial!
    Para usuários da comunidade inglesa, espanhola, francesa e alemã, usarei o google tradutor! :)
    For users of the English, Spanish, French and German community, I will be using google translator! :) 
  • xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    @Yassmeen even if the mobo was changed the chassis its the same in the bottom sticker you should have the original SNID/serial seems they ahve flashed the wrong bios as outside the predator models there are some aspire that share the same mobo or maybe the bios its compatible so i would send it back to acer asap to have the correct bios flashed to the correct model so check the sticker under the chassis and report that to them as if its not fixed you cant use most of the predator software on your unit as it has the wrong model name in the bios good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• Yassmeen

Tinkerer

Can you tell which exact model your computer was? On the motherboard, several models share the same motherboard. Maybe that's why the model name is different in the bios. Can you upload a photo of the bios information tab?
    My original laptop: 
    Model No : N17C3 
    Predator Helios 300 series
    These information I got it from the bottom of my laptop...

My currently system is : 
    Brand : Acer 
    Product Name : Aspire xxxx
    BIOS : V1.13 ( type : UEFI )

These information I got from my system Info

• Yassmeen

Tinkerer

xapim said:
    @Yassmeen even if the mobo was changed the chassis its the same in the bottom sticker you should have the original SNID/serial seems they ahve flashed the wrong bios as outside the predator models there are some aspire that share the same mobo or maybe the bios its compatible so i would send it back to acer asap to have the correct bios flashed to the correct model so check the sticker under the chassis and report that to them as if its not fixed you cant use most of the predator software on your unit as it has the wrong model name in the bios good luck :)

Unfortunately, I bought it from a country which the motherboard had a manufacturing defect, and when I traveled to another country, I discovered the defect and had to change the motherboard with Acer agent in that country. and Now, I discovered after four years of repairing it (when I updated Windows 11), that they put me a completely different motherboard from my original device.. so I will search and try to email the mother company. 

• xapim
    xapim ACE Posts: 7,257 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    Well its unfortunate but most probably acer will charge u a lot to get it fixed as u said u got it 4+ years ago its way out of the 1 year warranty period and they may even refuse to fix the bios issue but u can try i would probably try to find a good repair shop that has partnership with acer they might be able to flash you the correct bios this is why after every repair with any manufacturer everyone should be checking any changes and report them right away if they dont meet what they were previously especially mobo replacements many times they have this issue of the wrong bios/model so everyone be aware  good luck :)

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/11532543

UserBenchmarks: Game 43%, Desk 61%, Work 40%
    CPU: Intel Core i5-7300HQ - 63.5%
    GPU: Nvidia GTX 1050-Ti (Mobile) - 41.9%
    SSD: WDC WDS200T2B0B-00YS70 2TB - 71.4%
    HDD: WD WD10SPZX-00HKTT0 1TB - 93.7%
    RAM: Kingston HyperX DDR4 2666 C15 2x16GB - 76.8%
    MBD: Acer Predator G3-572

I'm not an Acer employee. (just here to help in the best way i can)
    If my answer fixed you issue please accept it for any other users who search for it would find it quickly thanks :)
    If you want to learn more about undervolting/optimizing windows join the Predator fb group and youtube channel:

Owner/Admin (HOTEL HERO/Red-Sand/Opoka Opoka)
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/PredatorHelios300
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNJwGUHxSJ8FKqAhnOqQuAw
    Acer support:
    https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/service-contact
    http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/  

• @xapimIs it possible to correct the model name with the DMITOOLS program?

egydiocoelho Trailblazer