PH315-54 Undervolting!

HD7209
HD7209 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2021 in Predator Laptops
Hello Guys! I just bought Predator PH315-54. While playing games my gpu temperature stays around 70-80 but CPU temperature goes above 85 to 90 degree Celsius. While GPU Usage stays 90 to 100% but CPU usage only 50 to 60% still its getting high temperature can anybody help me to lower CPU temp? I tried undervolting but it is locked in this laptop. None of the software works like Throttlestop, QuickCPU, XTU.

Best Answer

• Sollarasu
    Sollarasu Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    HD7209 said:
    Hello Guys! I just bought Predator PH315-54. While playing games my gpu temperature stays around 70-80 but CPU temperature goes above 85 to 90 degree Celsius. While GPU Usage stays 90 to 100% but CPU usage only 50 to 60% still its getting high temperature can anybody help me to lower CPU temp? I tried undervolting but it is locked in this laptop. None of the software works like Throttlestop, QuickCPU, XTU.

11th processor are still locked , maybe later we can undervolt the laptop , better change the batter power plan or use TS and disable turbo, and then go to the predator sense > game sync> select the game and set the mode to extreme (not turbo), you'll get significane lower temp and good fps in games, I tried this method and this pretty good , but has to sacrifice little cpu performance. try this method and thank me later :)

Answers

• Sollarasu
    Sollarasu Member Posts: 26 Enthusiast WiFi Icon
    Answer ✓
    HD7209 said:

11th processor are still locked , maybe later we can undervolt the laptop , better change the batter power plan or use TS and disable turbo, and then go to the predator sense > game sync> select the game and set the mode to extreme (not turbo), you'll get significane lower temp and good fps in games, I tried this method and this pretty good , but has to sacrifice little cpu performance. try this method and thank me later :)
  • IMDDK
    IMDDK Member Posts: 8

Tinkerer

Yes this predator PH315-54 temp is very high. My laptop temp is way to high when just using normal tasks, watching movie and browsing web, my system temp in predator sense app is over 80 degrees  
    Please fix this Acer. this high temp is not good for our laptop!

Thanks & regards, 
  • Feriockee
    Feriockee Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm having the same problem. It sucks not being to undervolt!
  • HD7209
    Sollarasu said:
    HD7209 said:

Thanks Brother! This trick really helped alot ... CPU temperature are significantly low around 65°~75° while heavy gaming but however system temperature is getting 90° and if you touch laptop it feels alot hotter then 65°. I am using cooling pad with 6 fan of 2900RPM speed. I hope they soon release unlock undervolting for 11th gen processors!

Thanks again brother 👍🏻

• AMIR_KM
    AMIR_KM Member Posts: 5

Tinkerer

HD7209 said:
    Sollarasu said:
    HD7209 said:

Thanks Brother! This trick really helped alot ... CPU temperature are significantly low around 65°~75° while heavy gaming but however system temperature is getting 90° and if you touch laptop it feels alot hotter then 65°. I am using cooling pad with 6 fan of 2900RPM speed. I hope they soon release unlock undervolting for 11th gen processors!

Thanks again brother 👍🏻
    Hi i had same problem so i use default mode with custom fan speed because extreme mode apply a little overclock to cpu & gpu i think its safer to go with default.
  • Kuldeep_kd
    Kuldeep_kd Member Posts: 3 New User
    Try the method mentioned on this reddit- https://www.reddit.com/r/acer_predator/comments/q7w0nj/unlock_undervolting_on_11th_gen_helios_300_within/

similar videos are available on YouTube for the same ,can confirm u can undervolt with this method
  • XdxD
    XdxD Member Posts: 1,581 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    Please confirm if it works with v1.12 or not.
    Trying to do my best here - Your happy Predator owner =)!
  • HD7209
    XdxD said:
    I checked but Still locked with v1.12 BIOS :neutral:

• HD7209
    Try the method mentioned on this reddit- https://www.reddit.com/r/acer_predator/comments/q7w0nj/unlock_undervolting_on_11th_gen_helios_300_within/

similar videos are available on YouTube for the same ,can confirm u can undervolt with this method
    Thank you for your time and effort! Comments on this post are very positive. I will try this method as soon as i get my hands on my laptop 😂! Please keep up this good work sir 👍🏻
  • XdxD
    edited July 2022
    HD7209 said:
    XdxD said:
    I checked but Still locked with v1.12 BIOS :neutral:

Ugh. Instead of fixing the newer vulnerabilities, all they did was lock undervolting. Smh Acer!
  • Kuldeep_kd
    Kuldeep_kd Member Posts: 3 New User
    Make sure whenever you update your bios, you need to redo this process and undervolting will be unlocked again (but its pretty straight forward)

useful links - 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/acer_predator/comments/q7w0nj/unlock_undervolting_on_11th_gen_helios_300_within/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_OFOmfjs6k

Upvote if helpful
  • XdxD
    Make sure whenever you update your bios, you need to redo this process and undervolting will be unlocked again (but its pretty straight forward)

useful links - 
    https://www.reddit.com/r/acer_predator/comments/q7w0nj/unlock_undervolting_on_11th_gen_helios_300_within/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_OFOmfjs6k

Upvote if helpful
    Do you have the same model? v1.12 is unlockable?