My Acer Aspire 5 Laptop display won't turn on .

Lproblems
Lproblems Member Posts: 1 New User
A little water was spilled on the bottom of my computer, and every time I open it, the screen stays black. It says the computer is on and my fan is running.

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    edited September 2021
    Hi Lproblems,

It's a hardware issue I suggest you to contact local tech because acer don't accept unit for repair with water damage. Don't charge the unit is may shock the system and damages expand larger.
  • Tachi13
    Tachi13 Member Posts: 135 Skilled Fixer WiFi Icon
    Lproblems said:
    A little water was spilled on the bottom of my computer, and every time I open it, the screen stays black. It says the computer is on and my fan is running.
    That's a terrible thing to happen, sorry to hear about that. The liquid spill could've lead to this issue, even if you had Total Notebook protection plan, this is not covered under that warranty, you can check with a local tech to see if they can fix it for you, if you didn't turn on the computer after liquid spill, you could have left it for about a week and let the water evaporate by itself and then when you turned it on, the chances are that it would work if the water didn't affect a larger part of the unit. At this point, it is best to check with local tech to see if there is an issue. You can also check with Acer support to see if you can swap the unit, but with a cost. 
    Please click on "Yes" if you find this answer helpful. :):)