Aspire A315-57G draining fast. Usually around 60% or 40%.

shanaiah
shanaiah Member Posts: 3 New User
Hello!

My Aspire A315-57G is only less than 2 years old and I've recently noticed that it drains extremely fast. It was first only draining like 5% every second when it goes down to 20%. But then started to lose 1% every 1-2 minutes and when it reaches 40%, the battery drains in less than a minute. It sometimes also starts draining at 60% then shuts down in less than a minute. When fully charged, it only lasts about 30-40 minutes before shutting down if not monitored.

I've tried turning my background apps off but it didn't do anything. Can someone please help?

Thank you!

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    Go to the elevated command prompt.  Enter 'powercfg /batteryreport'. Then return to the desktop. Open file explorer. Then search for' battery-report.html' in the c:\windows\system32\ sub-folder. Double-click to open it in the browser. Post screenshot of the first part of the report if possible that compares design full charge capacity with its remaining full charge capacity.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @shanaiah,

# Try to update the battery driver

1. Hold windows key and hit letter X.
    2. Choose the device manager option.
    3. Go with the option battery.
    4. Under the title battery.
    Update Battery Drivers in Windows EASILY - Driver Easy
    5. Right click on that option ----> Update all driver under the title battery.
    6. Choose "search automatically". 

Check this T/S and post the result. ​
  • shanaiah
    Hello @JackE

The full charge capacity seems significantly lower than the design capacity. 

• shanaiah
    Hi @Easwar

It says the best drives are already installed.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,330 Trailblazer
    >>>The full charge capacity seems significantly lower than the design capacity. >>>

Only about 40% lower. Probably not enough to explain what you describe. Try calibrating the battery meter charge level by following the directions in this link  starting with hte laptop powered-off---with the charger plugged in---and the battery charge LED lit a steady blue indicating a fully charged battery.

Jack E/NJ

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @shanaiah,

Improve Battery Life in Your Windows 10 Laptop
    1. Change the Power Mode.
    2. Reduce Screen Brightness.
    3. Turn on 'Battery Saver'
    4. Detect and Disable Battery-draining Apps.
    5. Disable Background Apps to Improve Battery Life.
    6. Change Power and Sleep Settings.
    7. Disable UI Animations and Shadows.
    8. Turn off Bluetooth and Wi-Fi when not in use.