aspire a515-54g and 10 bit color depth's external monitors

Mi58
Mi58 Member Posts: 2 New User
Hi.  I have an aspire a515-54g laptop (NVIDIA GeForce MX350) and would like to connect an external monitor to it with a 10 bit colour depth, i.e. a BenQ SW240 (10-bit colour depth with 14-bit 3D LUT Hardware Calibration).  Can the laptop support this monitor?  Nowhere in the specs can I find the supported color depth of the video card.  TIA

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    While the MX350 GPU itself might support 10-bit  color depth(right click blank desktop space, click nvidia control panel and see color depth configs in change display resolution settings) , the HDMI v1.4b output likely won't.

Jack E/NJ

• Mi58
    Mi58 Member Posts: 2 New User
    I do not have the display tab in NVIDIA control panel.  To see the color depth control, I've read elsewhere that you do have to have a 10 bit color monitor hooked up, which I dont at the moment.
  • JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,469 Trailblazer
    My best guess is that it still won't appear due to the port version. The only way to prove it is by plugging a Benq in. Amazon has a good returns policy if my guess holds. There is a remote possibility that an active usb-to-video out converter might work but frame rates will be very low if that matters to you.

Jack E/NJ