Hard drive failed Aspire TC-855 ES11.

Options
DLK43
DLK43 Member Posts: 4 New User
Just learned my ASPIRE 855 hard drive failed after less than 3 years . Is this normal?

Thread was edited to add model name to the title

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options
    DLK43,

In the BIOS information page is the unit HDD is showing. ​
  • Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Options
    Hi @DLK43
    Could you please tell me full modern name of your device 

• DLK43
    Options
    Full name of computer: Acer Aspire TC-855 ES11. I ope that gets your need. Thanks.
  • DLK43
    Options
    In answer to Easwar's question, the machine is with Staples repair people so I do not have access to it. When I receive it I will answer your question. Thanks. Don
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    Three years is early for a HDD fail, unless you have dirty power or some other reason it's be crashing regularly. It's not completely out of line though...
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • AngryPotato1284
    AngryPotato1284 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    After a Few Years my Acer TC-855 Just Won't turn on. The power is just not working. I press the button to turn the thing on and it just clicks and nothing happens. The light for the power button won't even turn on.
  • AngryPotato1284
    AngryPotato1284 Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options
    And i would like if i could have someone reply that knows how to fix this problem
  • Larryodie
    Larryodie Member Posts: 1,432 Supercomputer Wrangler WiFi Icon
    Options
    I'd check or change the CMOS battery 1st then take a look at the PS volts output. I think that is a 12V only PS so check it. 
    I assume that you have disconnected all USB 's including the keyboard and mouse ? 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,722 Trailblazer
    Options
    A click sound with nothing else usually points to a failed power supply.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.