my display is facing some problem, lines are visible when turning on SF313-53-532J

Jino22
Jino22 Member Posts: 4 New User
edited September 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
my display is facing some problem while turning on becomes okay after some time but still display quality is poor plz help

Answers

• William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,044
    @Jino22

We need to determine whether it is a hardware or software issue..   Turn off the computer.   Tap f2 while turning on the computer.   It will go to bios.   Please stay on the bios screen for 30 mins.    If the display is looking good on bios then it is a software issue.   If the display is not looking good on the bios screen then it is a hardware issue.   

If it is a software issue try the following the steps..

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Don’t restart the computer. 
    Go to support.acer.com 
    chose your country 
    type snid or chose your model 
    go to drivers 
    Install the display driver 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Erick-Acer_Retired
    Erick-Acer_Retired Member Posts: 503 Seasoned Practitioner WiFi Icon
    Jino22
    Could you please tell me modern name of unit 

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    Yes, we really need to know what model (not modern) laptop you have. That kind of issue could be corrupted drivers, a bad cable between the motherboard and display, or a bad display.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @Jino22,

Are you getting the same line in BIOS page.
  • Jino22
    billsey said:
    Yes, we really need to know what model (not modern) laptop you have. That kind of issue could be corrupted drivers, a bad cable between the motherboard and display, or a bad display.
    SF313-53-532J
  • Jino22
    Easwar said:
    Hi @Jino22,

Are you getting the same line in BIOS page.
    yes it is appearing in BIOS
  • Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,454 Trailblazer
    OK, as Easwar suggests it is most likely a hardware issue, since it happens in the BIOS, where Windows drivers are not loaded. It could be the eDP cable that runs between the display and the motherboard or it could be the display itself. Does the symptom change at all if you move the screen back and forth? If so it's much more likely to be the cable, since that flexes each time you move the screen. The Acer part number for the cable is: 50.HR0N8.001, for the screen: KL.1350E.001. If you are in warranty, contact Acer support and let them fix it, if out of warranty try and diagnose which is the root cause.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.