nitro 5 Available slots for 2 x ssd

Options
oyuran
oyuran Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Nitro Gaming
hello. i've recently bought an acer nitro 5. i'd liketo buy more space since it only has 240gb of space, but im a bit confused. on the laptop says "Available slots for 2 x ssd + 1 hdd". what's the difference between ssd and hdd? i dont know if i should buy a hard drive and i dont understand whats the ssd slot... thanks!

Answers

• AnhEZ28
    AnhEZ28 ACE, Member Posts: 3,949 Pathfinder
    Options
    There one extra M.2 SSD slot and a 2.5" Drive slot. 2.5" slot can be upgraded with either a 2.5" SSD or 2.5" HDD. SSD is much faster than the HDD, use less power, and make less noise. HDD is much cheaper compared to SSD.
    Please remember to include @AnhEZ28 when you want to reply back to my comment so that I can check your response.
    Thank you and have a nice day!
  • William_mk2
    Options
    @oyuran

If you need more space you can even purchase an external hdd.     Simply connect it to usb port.    You will see a new icon on "This PC "   You can drag and drop the files onto external HDD so that you can save more space on the internal hdd. 

Hard disk drive is basically a storage media where you can store your pictures, music, documents, videos and you can even install an operating system.  There are two types of hard disk drive - internal and external.      

Internal hdd -  It is a inbuilt hdd which comes along with the computer. 
    External hdd -  You can purchase from a local store and connect it to usb port externally. 

ssd  sata and ide are different types of internal hdd..  One looks like a memory card and the other looks like a palm size device. 

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★