battery not activated - swift 3 SF314-59-5604

chinnex01
chinnex01 Member Posts: 1 New User
edited September 2021 in Swift and Spin Series
hi guys! i got a new swift 3 yesterday (SF314-59-5604) as what i read here, new swift 3 must be plug in and use the laptop for 30 mins to activate the battery. but i plugged in already like an hour but i dont think that the battery is activated coz still no led light at the side that indicate as charging. Can anyone help me pls how to start charging this thing. thanks!

//Edited the content to add model name.

Answers

• billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,663 Trailblazer
    No need for anything special. Plug the charger into the charge port on the laptop and wait for the battery indicator light to switch from amber to blue.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 Ally Posts: 4,084
    @chinnex01

If you look at the side of the laptop you can see the battery indicator light and power light.    If you unplug the charger cable, power light will be off.   If you connect the charger cable battery will start to charge..     The indicator light will be helping you to check the status of battery. 

Blue - fully charged
    Amber or orange - charging
    Amber or orange flashing - Battery is low 

Once the windows is logged in you can look at the bottom right corner of the laptop screen.   You can see a battery icon.    It will be right next to time.  Move the mouse icon on it.   It will show you whether the charger is plugged in or not.    It will also show you the % of how much it was charged and the time remaining for full full charge to be completed.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    chinnex01,

Try to do power drain,

1. Shutdown the unit.
    2. Unplug the cables connected to the unit.
    3. At bottom of the unit there will be a small tiny pin hole with a battery symbol close to it. Take a pin or a paper clip insert into it you feels like pressing a button hold it for 20-30 seconds.