Instruction for keyboard in new CP511

PapaK1951
PapaK1951 Member Posts: 3 New User
The recent CP511 I purchased has an interesting keyboard, with many more options in the upper and lower keys.  I have never seen this before an do not now how to access the special figures. Assistance would be appreciated. 

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    PapaK1951,

Can you plz post the pic of the keyboard. 
  • billsey
    billsey ACE Posts: 31,719 Trailblazer
    The keyboards are different for different locales. There are dozens of different ones worldwide. Which language was set on yours, and what country was it purchased in?
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PapaK1951
    billsey said:
    The keyboards are different for different locales. There are dozens of different ones worldwide. Which language was set on yours, and what country was it purchased in?
    Iam in Canada and use English.  I will try to get a picture of the keyboard and post it here

• billsey
    OK, I see three main models series within the CP511 range: CP511-1H, CP511-1HN and CP511-2HT. Yours will be a specific SKU within those series. I believe the keyboard is integrated into the top case on each of those, and US w/ Canadian French is one of the keyboard options. I assume your matches that. Let us know which CP511 you have and we'll get the part number.
    Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful or click on "Yes" if it answers your question.
  • PapaK1951
    edited October 2021
    Sorry for delay in answering.... This is a CP511-2HY-C45L, Model: N18Q6, SNID: xxxxxxxxxx   I hope you can help me the answer.  

[Thread edited to remove inappropriate or personal content]
  • billsey
    OK, I assume you meant to type a T there instead of a Y. :)
    You use the Alt Gr key to access the extended characters, sometimes in concert with the ctrl key or the shift key. Also, to place an accent (like a grave or tilda) above a character you type the accent first and then the letter. Here's a site Microsoft has that shows you what different combinations do.
  • TheHawk
    TheHawk Member Posts: 1 New User
    That link to the Microsoft site does not help at all.  The keyboard on my CP511-2HT contains some keys that have 4 or 5 selections.  How do I access one selection vs another on a given key?
  • billsey
    It depends entirely on the locale and language your keyboard. Typically you use the Shift, Ctrl, Fn and AltGr keys in combination to select one of the options. On the US/International keyboard the base letter of the key is done in lower case with no modifier. Press and hold the Shift key and the selected key and you get upper case. Press the AltGr key and the 5 to get a Euro symbol, but the standard US (non international) will not give it.