how do i get in my laptop

BillieSue
BillieSue Member Posts: 2 New User
I accidentally locked myself out of my laptop i have Tried everything and nothing is working. Is there way to get in to my laptop without using administrator password?

Answers

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    How did you accidently lock yourself out?

Jack E/NJ

• BillieSue
    BillieSue Member Posts: 2 New User
    i forgot my password lol its been years since ive been on it due to getting a new computer now my daughter needs it for school. 

• ttttt
    ttttt Member Posts: 1,947 Community Aficionado WiFi Icon
    @BillieSue
    Give us the full model number of your laptop will help. Anyway, I would suggest doing a PC reset, bringing it to the factory release condition.

Since you haven't use your laptop for years, there ought to be many updates happened.

For resetting the laptop:

Hold down Fn and ALT keys, press power on button, keep tapping F10 key until you see the recovery menu.
    Troubleshoot->Reset this PC, choose whether you want to keep existing data files

You may want to do all the Windows updates through the years later.

Another method is to download the latest Windows (Win 10, 21H1) from Microsoft web site by creating a Media Creation Tool to a Fat32 USB flash drive

Boot from this USB flash drive to install Windows again. This will wipe out everything from the existing HDD. You don't have to worry about Windows License if your laptop shipped with Windows on it from the beginning. Windows will recognize the embedded Digital License automatically.

• JackE
    JackE ACE Posts: 44,775 Trailblazer
    >>>i forgot my password lol its been years since ive been on it due to getting a new computer now my daughter needs it for school. >>>

Sorry, try hard to remember the password. Forum rules prohibit discussing ways to bypass security features like passwords. ACER service centers charge a fee to reset the machine.

Jack E/NJ