Is it possible to feature request this for Acer predator x34gs?

thug0151
thug0151 Member Posts: 1 New User
Hi,
I love my Acer predator x34gs, the USB-B + USB-C is awesome now when working from home but it's not great on how you switch between them.
I would like to be able to swap between USB-B/C on the "main menu" instead of having to go into the System setting each time (Hot Key Assignment).
And it would also be great if you could swap between B/C when there is no input signal to the display, let's say I swap my input to USB-C where my laptop is and it's in sleep mode, the only way for me to wake it up is to open the lid and press something. If I could have changed the USB input to C from the "no display menu", I wouldn't have needed this.
First world problem of the day but yeah, it would be great =)

Thanks!

Answers

• texan_2022
    texan_2022 Member Posts: 3 New User

For the Acer Predator I'd like to be able to bind USB-C to display port and USB-B to HDMI. Then if I'm displaying display port, it's using the USB-C, and if I'm using HDMI then it's using USB-B. A benefit of this is approach is the input source is settable via DDC/CI so I can setup hotkeys on each computer to automatically switch. If we can set hotkeys on the monitor, that's an even better option.

The point is the monitor has everything it needs to be a great KVM, except a UI built to accommodate that user story effectively. It takes way to many key presses to use it as a KVM. On my Dell monitor I can double tap a hot key on the monitor and have it switch inputs and USB upstream ports.

As far as I can tell I can't even change the upstream port via DDC/CI. Just adding that feature would enable me to script all this without changing the OSD.

• lonalwah
    lonalwah Member Posts: 1 New User

@texan_2022 Has there been any updates on that front?

I just purchased my Acer Predator and I'm just disapointed with the KVM, especially when all the components are there to make it usable.