Acer Nitro VG270U don't work properly

Options
pukki92
pukki92 Member Posts: 6

Tinkerer

I have a problem. I bought this monitor for home office, but i have small room and i need to unplug my monitor. Problem is that next day it is not recognized by laptop. There is only one HDMI cable that works. I checked few different devices (2 laptop, 1 smart box  and 3 HDMI Cables) and that's what i got:

1. Laptop(Lenovo) works with all HDMI cables(Monitor is detected)  on both 3 HDMI port in monitor
2. Xiaomi Mi Box works the same as Lenovo Laptop
3. Dell Laptop works only with HDMI which was included with Xiaomi Box. I found fix for that, and before connect Dell to monitor i need to connect mibox first, and then everything works. But repeting this steps is unexceptable for me

Answers

• William_mk2
    Options
    @pukki92

Try to use alternative cable between monitor and the device and check.. 

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

Getting a docking station will be best solution for the problem.   Since you are having multiple devices it will be useful to connect all the devices simultaneously.   

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• pukki92

Tinkerer

Options
    @William_mk2

I checked 2 different cables month ago and they also don't work. In driver manager i only have my laptop display adapter. All cables works with different devices conneted to monitor. 
    Hdmi in laptop is also ok, because i checked it on 2 monitors and 3 TV devices and was ok
  • William_mk2
    Options
    @pukki92

You said "Problem is that next day it is not recognized by laptop".   That means it worked on the first day.   What I understand is you are connecting the Acer monitor to Dell laptop.   Am i right ?

Please uninstall the display adapter on Dell laptop and check.    Are you using the same cable which came with the Acer monitor.  Is it connected directly to Dell laptop.   Are you using any usb hub.     Please try to use an alternative cable between Acer monitor and dell laptop and check it.

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• pukki92

Tinkerer

Options
    @William_mk2
    I checked 4 different cables, and only one works, but the others also work, but I need to perform special action

At the end of work day, I disconnect hdmi cable from laptop site, unplugged it and put it under my desk
    Next day when i try to connect monitor I see message "Cable not connected" 3 of 4 hdmi cable have this problem. Now I have to choose. I can use this HDMI cable, and everything will be fine. I can also connect Xiaomi Mi Box with this working cable, and when I see picture - disconnect it. Now I can use all my HDMI cable. This happens every day

None of these cables was delivered with monitor. 
  • William_mk2
    Options
    pukki92

I am suspecting issue might be with the cable or the input settings of your monitor..    When you connect the laptop to external monitor if it is working fine on any particular cable, please take the cable to the store and get another cable of the same specification.    

When you connect the laptop to monitor there might be a setting on monitor to set the input  (  check whether it is set to auto ) so it automatically detects it .   Try to do a restore of setting on the monitor using the control buttons present on the monitor. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• pukki92

Tinkerer

Options
    @William_mk2
    HDMI input was set to auto detect
    I reset settings to default. I will  check if it helps tommorow. But cables should be ok, I can connect my second laptop without any issue with any cable
  • pukki92

Tinkerer

Options
    @William_mk2
    I disconect HDMI and p[ower cable, plug both in, and now i have message : "Cable not connected" When i try to press Detect External Monitor in windows settings i have a message "Didn't detect any display"
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    Options
    @pukki92

When did you purchase the Acer monitor.   Is it still under warranty ?

Please try these steps 

Try windows x 
    go to device manager 
    expand display adapter
    right click on display driver - uninstall 
    Restart the computer 

It should work fine.. 

If it is still not working 
    Uninstall the display adapter from device manager 
    Don't restart the computer.   Since you are using a Dell laptop.   Go to Dell website - chose your model and install the display driver.   Please connect the cable between Dell laptop and Acer monitor and check.. 

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• pukki92

Tinkerer

Options
    @William_mk2 Monitor is still under warranty

If i connect monitor only with HDMI cable it is detected by laptop, but if i connect power supply it stop be recognized
  • Mroal
    Mroal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

I have a similar issue, almost exactly the same. I have two laptops, Xiaomi Redmibook Pro 2022 6800H and some old acer laptop. The monitor works when I connect it to PC via hdmi, but shows "cable not connected" when connected to laptops. Laptops don't show any new devices either. They work with any other monitor/tv I've tried with this cable.
    Interestingly, if I unplug the monitor power supply laptops start recognizing it. Until I plug it back in…

Can't figure out how to fix that. Bought a new hdmi 2.0 cable but it didn't help. USB-C to DP cable will arrive tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes.

• Mroal
    Mroal Member Posts: 2 New User
    Options

Nevermind, when I had PC connected to monitor I've plugged in laptop as well and it did work. And now it works even without PC, like it should…