Acer Nitro 5 AN515-55 ethernet issue and all the usb devices disconnect for a short duration

zScopion
zScopion Member Posts: 7

Tinkerer

edited December 2022 in Nitro Gaming
Aftet I upgraded my system's bios(from 1.10 to 2.03) my ethernet connection randomly drops. The ethernet disappears from Device Manager(it appears as hidden device as disconnected) and I can't activate/deactivate it. The single solution I found is to put the laptop in sleep mode and wake it. There's also a chance not to succeed. Also, when the ethernet is not working, the router's led is turned on and I can use the wake on lan feature. When the ethernet comes back, all the usb devices disconnect for a short duration. So it can't be a faulty port or a problem with the router. What I've tried:
1. Clean install windows 10
2. Using default drivers
3. Updating all drivers
4. Reseting bios to default settings.

My ethernet adapter is Killer Ethernet E2600. 
Thank you in advance.
[Edited the thread to add issue detail]

Answers

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Hi @zScopion,

What happens when you connect this eathernet to other devices ?
  • zScopion

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    Easwar said:
    Hi @zScopion,

What happens when you connect this eathernet to other devices ?
    The ethernet cable works on other devices. I tried connecting a different cable to a different router and I still have the issue.
  • zScopion

Tinkerer

The ethernet adapter greys out in device manager, so it can't be a problem with the cable.
  • zScopion

Tinkerer

Update: I recently got bios update in Windows Updates. I upgraded the bios to the latest version but the issue is still not fixed.
  • William_mk2
    William_mk2 ACE Posts: 4,084 Pathfinder
    edited September 2021
    @zScopion

Since even after doing a clean installation it is not working  I suggest you to get external usb wired adapter or external usb wifi adapter or combo wifi and wired usb adapter and check.    It should work fine.    Simply connect it to usb port - install the drivers - connect the cable if it is a usb wired adapter and start browsing the internet.    Please remember external usb wired adapter comes at very cheap price and you can get it at a nearby store.

Click on "Like" if you find my answer useful 

Click on "Yes" if it answers your question.

Please click YES if I answered your question

I am not an ACER employee
    B  Thank you and have a BLESSED AND HAPPY DAY  B

★★ WILLIAM - MRK ★★

• zScopion

Tinkerer

edited September 2021
    I think it's a problem from bios. I opened Even Viewer and found a lot of errors with code 17. Then i googled how to fix this error and I found that it might be a problem from bios. This is how my Event Viewer looks like. I have the latest version of bios(2.06) that i updated through Windows Update. How can I report this problem to Acer?
  • Konoha_rocklee
    Konoha_rocklee Member Posts: 1 New User
    I have the same problem. Did you find a solution?
  • zMilkyx
    zMilkyx Member Posts: 1 New User

Hi, I recently got a Nitro AN515-57 for Christmas and a wired ziyou lang gaming keyboard and mouse to go with it but whenever I plug them in they won’t register that they are plugged in and loses power, I’m unsure if it’s the laptop or the keyboard and mouse, help is very much appreciated. Please and Thank you