Storage upgrade for the Acer Nitro 5 model: AN517-52

Options
Epikaffe
Epikaffe Member Posts: 13

Tinkerer

Hi all.

So, I've been wondering about upgrading my storage capacity since the drive that came with this computer has very little space but the thing is, where can I look for a driver in first place? I tried to look for some myself I found it to be sort of overwhelming how much stuff there is out there. I don't know if any of the drivers I'm looking at are adequate for my pc so now I'm here to ask: Where can I find a driver for my laptop? Also, the one that I'm currently using is a SSD driver with 237 GB of storage.

Answers

• StevenGen
    StevenGen ACE Posts: 10,498 Trailblazer
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Epikaffe said:
    Hi all.

So, I've been wondering about upgrading my storage capacity since the drive that came with this computer has very little space but the thing is, where can I look for a driver in first place? I tried to look for some myself I found it to be sort of overwhelming how much stuff there is out there. I don't know if any of the drivers I'm looking at are adequate for my pc so now I'm here to ask: Where can I find a driver for my laptop? Also, the one that I'm currently using is a SSD driver with 237 GB of storage.
    Epikaffe on your AN517-52 you have provisions for 2x M.2 at PCIe Gen.3x4 and 1x 2.5" drive at SATA-3 6GB/sec speed (which you can upgrade to SSD of the same specs). Btw and this is only my choice, I've been using Samsung drives for many years and they are the most reliable and best drives I've used, also and this is only my choice, I've just upgraded a 1 year old AN516-55 (which is exactly the same as your AN517-52) with the latest Samsung 500GB 980 PRO PCle 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD for my boot drive and their 2TB 870 EVO SATA III 2.5 inch SSD as a slave drive as I have a choice of either using the OEM 512GB M.2 NVMe drive in the second M.2 slot to put games on as my 2.5" SSD has all my personal files and I have also a choice of putting additional games on the 2.5" SSD that their speed won't be affected also and gives me more options. Also Samsung SSD drives have the best software to accompany their SSD's e.g. Data Migration for cloning and Magician for tuning their SSD's. I also recommend that you activate the TRIM command within windows so that your SSD drives perform the best. These are the Acer OEM higher capacity M.2 NVMe PCIe Gen.3x4 that are fitted to your AN517-52, good luck and hope this helps you out.

• Easwar
    Easwar Member Posts: 6,727 Guru
    Options

Boot Drive HDD Capacity (as Tested)256 GB